I need Lunch ideas!

Options
Help me out please. I have no idea of what to eat for lunch every day. I used to eat Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, Smart Ones, and that kind of thing. They are high in sodium so I am looking for some more things to eat for lunch. I would love to have some ideas of what you eat for lunch.

Replies

• SeminoleFan0514
    Options
    bump!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Salads are great but with extra virgin olive oil (lightly .50 tblsp) and red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar. This gives you the opportunity to mix it up each day by adding lots of veggies like cucumbers, carrots, celery, red onion, broccoli and maybe even a piece of roasted red pepper. Add about 4 oz+ of yummy protein like Jenni O' Extra lean turkey breast - 98% fat free or albacore tuna in spring water or chicken breast salad. Today I added a hard boiled egg as an extra. I've been alternating these salads or having something like left overs from dinner like grilled chicken, turkey, fish or lean protein with a long grain or brown rice and steamed mixed veggies (broccoli/cauliflower/carrots) or zucchini and squash (whatever is in season) and have lost 23 pounds in 8 weeks with daily exercise and lots of water. Hope this helps!
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    I stick a handful of green leaves on my plate, add some grated carrot, sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, or whatever I got. Then I add cheeeeese. 25 grams of feta or tasty or parmesan.... sometimes I have two cheeses, somtimes I add hardboiled egg, tuna or left over chicken, roast meat or potato. The I add a splash of mayo, a splash of olive oil and some white balsamic.

I have a big breakfast and a big Dinner, so a nice midday salad with plenty of protien fills me up
  • SeminoleFan0514
    Options
    Salads are great but with extra virgin olive oil (lightly .50 tblsp) and red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar. This gives you the opportunity to mix it up each day by adding lots of veggies like cucumbers, carrots, celery, red onion, broccoli and maybe even a piece of roasted red pepper. Add about 4 oz+ of yummy protein like Jenni O' Extra lean turkey breast - 98% fat free or albacore tuna in spring water or chicken breast salad. Today I added a hard boiled egg as an extra. I've been alternating these salads or having something like left overs from dinner like grilled chicken, turkey, fish or lean protein with a long grain or brown rice and steamed mixed veggies (broccoli/cauliflower/carrots) or zucchini and squash (whatever is in season) and have lost 23 pounds in 8 weeks with daily exercise and lots of water. Hope this helps!

Thanks it sure does help a lot! I will have to try this out!
  • SeminoleFan0514
    Options
    I stick a handful of green leaves on my plate, add some grated carrot, sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, or whatever I got. Then I add cheeeeese. 25 grams of feta or tasty or parmesan.... sometimes I have two cheeses, somtimes I add hardboiled egg, tuna or left over chicken, roast meat or potato. The I add a splash of mayo, a splash of olive oil and some white balsamic.

I have a big breakfast and a big Dinner, so a nice midday salad with plenty of protien fills me up

That sounds yummy, thanks!
  • SeminoleFan0514
    Options

Oops, I don't know why it did it 2 times!
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love low carb turkey or grilled chicken wraps. I buy the la banderita low carb whole wheat tortilla and kraft free ranch or lite/free italian to add some mositure and flavor and just use lunch meat turkey and use leftover grilled chicken and put in lettuce or spinach with some lite shredded cheese and tomatoes! I love it! Team it up with some fresh fruit and veggies like carrots or celery and its delicious! You can also team it up with some wheat thins/rice cakes/etc to give you a chip like affect :)
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Because it's awesome!
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches are very filling; egg salad, veggie, lean meat. Sometimes I bring a half sandwich if I bring soup. Smart ones soups are low cal, but they do contain moderate amounts of sodium. Almonds are my secret to getting through the day. I eat them in the afternoon to curb those cravings for vending machine treats.

But my favorite way to tackle lunch is to set aside a serving from dinner the night before. I put such care into my dinners that it is always low cal, yummy and healthy. Plus by setting aside a serving, you can be sure you don't eat to much at dinner.
  • NelehY
    NelehY Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Salads in Summer - I make a stantard 'basic salad (e.g. baby spinach leaves/lettuce/tomatoes/onions/peppers/cucumbers - whatever is available) and combine some form of protein (feta or smoked salmon or ham or chicken etc).
    I dont bother with 'dressing' as I find that if I make it the night before and add in a bit of ground black pepper the flavors combine to make a natural (and delicious) dressing with the salad juices.

Soups in winter - I make up big pots of soup and freeze portions for quick easy lunchs/dinners. Very low-cal and super cheap too!

Leftovers - these days there are more and more leftovers as I realize that I have 'historically' cooked way to much food!
    But once again I freeze portions for quick and easy lunches/dinners.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My new favourite lunch:70g Quinoa cooked in one veggie stock cube (chicken or beef would be yummy too, but I'm a veggie), with a carrott cut into chunks and a few springs of mint. Season with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon. A super filling lunch for around 300kcals. If you want the extra protien some chicken or fish would be great with it.
  • nortiekeeks
    nortiekeeks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump! :happy:
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    i recently found that going to the grocery store and buying health vs. junk is only about 10-20 more of your money if not less. I just bought some snap peas, lima beans, boneless chicken, fruits/veggies. i like to make a side salad and use walden farms cal free ranch, then for the main course i'm having grilled chicken, green beans, limas, and carrots. whatever you like switch it up, make it fresh and from the earth. good luck!
  • skybluesounds
    Options
    I always have a sandwich! It's just easiest for me to make and the fastest. I put four oz of roast beef or turkey on two slices of whole wheat bread with some lettuce and tomato and black pepper and a slice of cheese. Yum!
  • mrobinson0805
    Options
    I'm a leftover kind of girl. I always make a little extra at night so that I can take it for lunch. It usually tastes better the 2nd day too :)

If leftovers aren't your thing this is my go to chicken salad that can be eaten on top of lettuce, in a wrap, or on a pita to mix it up.

1 cup shredded chicken (rotisseries is best)
    1 6 oz plain greek yogurt
    feta to taste
    red or sweet onion diced to taste
    1/4 cup cucumber diced

1 spoonful low fat cottage cheese
    1/2 of a lemon's juice
    salt, pepper, & garlic to taste

Mix it all up and enjoy!

Sooooo good! Full of flavor.
  • SeminoleFan0514
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the ideas! I really do appreciate it so much and I will be using a lot of these!!
  • SeminoleFan0514
    Options
    bump
  • lwallman1
    lwallman1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I like a lot of variety in my lunches so I alternate what I bring quite a bit. Some of my lunches from last week:

Salad with grilled chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, 5 whole wheat ritz cracker with 3 low fat turkey slices, handful of grapes and raspberries.
    Leftover spaghetti squash lasagna (from www.skinnytaste.com) with a side salad and some spanish peanuts.
    Adult "lunch-able" - Whole wheat ritz crackers with sliced cheese and deli meat, handful of baby carrots, strawberries & some nuts.

I always have a morning and mid-afternoon snack to keep myself satisfied as well. Usually nuts, fruit or carrots.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Lean Cuisine and other frozen meals are garbage! Loaded with sodium and unhealthy carbs, processed meats...yuck!
  • Kimc935
    Kimc935 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Glad you ditched the frozen meals. I like to make brown rice and black beans. I add a little chichen and then mix in salsa..I feel like I'm eating at Qudoba. It's filling and healthy. You can also add all the veggies you want to make it even more healthy. Good luck.