jogging sandtrack

Options
Hey all!!!
Tryin to get myself moving a bit... being a fan of quite heavy music dont really knwo too many songs (beside rob zombie) which would make me want to jog... can you help me??? i need something motivating and energetic...
Thank you!!!!
I.

Replies

• josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters are great for running. I am also a a huge Kid Rock fan so anything of his motivates me! Go with what you like to listen too. If you get lost in the songs, you won't think about the running as much!
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I actually have a running playlist that's about 40 mins long. I listen to heavy music so I put my favorite songs in and go. I listen to as I lay dying, all that remains, hatebreed and madball. I even have eye of the tiger in there and when it comes on I seem to pick up the pace a little.

You said you like heavy so you may like these. In my opinion you can get heavier than these bands. Add me too if you'd like some motivation too.
    Anodyne sea - as I lay dying
    Parallels - as I lay dying
    This calling - all that remains
    Become the catalyst - all that remains
    I will not bow - breaking Benjamin
    Headup - deftones
    Epic - faith no more
    Perseverance - hatebreed
    Starting over - killswitch engage
    Karma sevendust
    Now - staind
    The pot - tool
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    If you like heavy, you might like Disturbed ... Down with the Sickness got me through the second half of my first full mile running.
  • iwonajakubiak
    iwonajakubiak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I actually have a running playlist that's about 40 mins long. I listen to heavy music so I put my favorite songs in and go. I listen to as I lay dying, all that remains, hatebreed and madball. I even have eye of the tiger in there and when it comes on I seem to pick up the pace a little.

You said you like heavy so you may like these. In my opinion you can get heavier than these bands. Add me too if you'd like some motivation too.
    Anodyne sea - as I lay dying
    Parallels - as I lay dying
    This calling - all that remains
    Become the catalyst - all that remains
    I will not bow - breaking Benjamin
    Headup - deftones
    Epic - faith no more
    Perseverance - hatebreed
    Starting over - killswitch engage
    Karma sevendust
    Now - staind
    The pot - tool

Great!!! thank you !!!! The eye of teh tiger always make me want get up and run hahahahah i will download those and let you know how i got on.
  • iwonajakubiak
    Options
    If you like heavy, you might like Disturbed ... Down with the Sickness got me through the second half of my first full mile running.

Will defo try it!!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    You may not like techno/club/house beats but Pandora "Sandstorm" Radio always does it for me...keeps me jogging straight through. :bigsmile:

Yeah, I'm stuck in the 90's...LOL! :blushing:
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer something softer for running - let's my mind drift off. Not Barry Manilow, mind you, but not hard rock.
  • tehdux0r
    tehdux0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You may not like techno/club/house beats but Pandora "Sandstorm" Radio always does it for me...keeps me jogging straight through. :bigsmile:

I love this! I tend to use a lot of eurobeat and techno when I'm running just because I know the beat is a steady pace and I can run in time with it. My big resource of it comes from the soundtracks to the anime, "Initial D." If you're not sure about it, you can search for Initial D on Grooveshark.com and listen to it to see if you like it.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

I love this! I tend to use a lot of eurobeat and techno when I'm running just because I know the beat is a steady pace and I can run in time with it. My big resource of it comes from the soundtracks to the anime, "Initial D." If you're not sure about it, you can search for Initial D on Grooveshark.com and listen to it to see if you like it.

Listening to some of this on YouTube....nice!!! Thanks for letting me know about it.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Try http://jog.fm/ they have the option to enter your desired time per mile and have the songs BPM listed.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hollywood Undead - Undead
    Florence and the Machine - Dog Days are Over
    Metallica - Devil's Dance
    AWOLNation - Sail
    Nickelback - Burn it to the Ground
    Puddle of Mudd - Away From Me

Hmmmm can't think of any more at the moment! :-)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I do like Kid Rock too. The beat seems to mesh with my stride well.

Aside from that, I usually stream 89X from the app on my phone. They are alternative rock, some lighter, some heavier.

89xradio.com

If you have a local station you like, see if they do internet streaming.
  • iwonajakubiak
    Options
    Try http://jog.fm/ they have the option to enter your desired time per mile and have the songs BPM listed.

This is good, great ideas. Thank you !
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Green Day's American Idiot album works well. I've sometimes ran to Metallica's Master of Puppets but I have to be in the right mood.
  • iwonajakubiak
    Options

sadly this is not available to me... im in UK