Draggin my feet-get back in the saddle again-diet

amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
I was so successful while doing this about 3 years ago...it seemed so easy. Now I can't seem to remember or get motivated to log my food in...can't remember the foods I used to eat, and eating at 1200 calories seems like it is impossible.

Thinking of trying the South Beach Diet again as it is the sweets that did me in.

Need your suggestions, guidance, motivation please.

Thank you

Replies

• mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 650 Member
    My suggestion would be make healthy life choice changes instead of doing a "diet." That way it will be a permanent solution instead of a temporary fix.
  • slimtrimgoody
    slimtrimgoody Posts: 16 Member
    It can really be challenging to begin to lose weight all over again, especially when you have re-established those bad eating habits again. But YOU CAN DO IT! You did it before and you can do it again. Try planning you meals out in advance, that way you already know the calories you have left and/or you can make wiser choices or exercise more if you want a little something special to eat. Planning your meals out in advance will help you to stay on track and empower you to maintain control. Each day it will get easier, all you have to do is persevere. Keep your goals in mind -- visualize how you will look, how you will feel, and this will help you to stay on track too. Also, don't forget to reward yourself each time you reach an intermediate goal. Each step of progress will help you to reach your ultimate goal. Good-luck and keep all of us posted!:smile:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    You can do it. It's not weight loss that's so hard (though it's hard enough). It's maintenance. That's why South Beach probably won't help long term. You do need to do the maintenance - and my reading of the research is that it is maintaining the new diet and EXERCISE that changes you. Plus it takes AT LEAST A YEAR before you body resets to a new 'set point' where it sits at your new weight.

If it were easy, we'd all be thin.

You CAN do it. I suspect you're discouraged because you feel it didn't work last time (you feel need you to lose weight again) and so it's not worth doing again. But it is. If you didn't lose last time, you'd have even more to lose now.

If you know sweets are your problem - leave them out of your diet on your own. The only way to lose weight is to stop putting too much food in your mouth.
  • amunet07
    You can do it. It's not weight loss that's so hard (though it's hard enough). It's maintenance. That's why South Beach probably won't help long term. You do need to do the maintenance - and my reading of the research is that it is maintaining the new diet and EXERCISE that changes you. Plus it takes AT LEAST A YEAR before you body resets to a new 'set point' where it sits at your new weight.

You CAN do it. I suspect you're discouraged because you feel it didn't work last time (you feel need you to lose weight again) and so it's not worth doing again. But it is. If you didn't lose last time, you'd have even more to lose now.

If you know sweets are your problem - leave them out of your diet on your own. The only way to lose weight is to stop putting too much food in your mouth.

You are right. I am such an addict though. I saw a facebook post my sister made of homemade apple fritter and it has taken every ounce of me not to go to the store. Instea I ate three Orowheat light pieces of bread with reduced peanut butter and honey and am over my calories by 335 :(
  • amfielder
    amfielder Posts: 2 Member
    I'm a sweets addict, too. I just started about a week ago. I didn't make any changes right away. I just ate like normal and logged everything I ate. Wow! What a wake-up call! Sweets of some sort showed up every single day. I think it's going to take some time for me to not want to put everything I see in my mouth. I don't have any advice, sorry. I guess just will power - easier said than done sometimes - and replacing those cravings with something else. Best of luck to you!
  • mrsdroz
    mrsdroz Posts: 3 Member

You are right. I am such an addict though. I saw a facebook post my sister made of homemade apple fritter and it has taken every ounce of me not to go to the store. Instea I ate three Orowheat light pieces of bread with reduced peanut butter and honey and am over my calories by 335 :(

When you are going over in diet, you should exercise to get back to being at or under your calorie goal.
  • amunet07
    Wow....finally got the nerve and memory to weigh myself...am at the heaviest I've ever been.
  • rudy7020
    rudy7020 Posts: 62
    I made a good light dessert:

1 light graham cracker curst
    1 package sugar-free lime jello
    2 yoplait kiwi pie yogurts (6oz)
    1 container light cool-whip

disolve jello in 1/4 c. hot water, add in yogurt, fold in cool whip and chill for four hours.

About 192 calories a serving. Recipe is on the graham cracker crust. It is very easy and good.
  • amunet07

disolve jello in 1/4 c. hot water, add in yogurt, fold in cool whip and chill for four hours.

About 192 calories a serving. Recipe is on the graham cracker crust. It is very easy and good.

Yum! :) Thanks
  • rudy7020

II meant 2 Key Lime Pie yogurts! LOL, I hate getting old when I can't think of the right word!!]
  • rudy7020
    I hope you saw my correction, it's Key Lime Pie Yogurt - LOL. Sorry about that.

I'm going to try it with lemon yogurt and lemon jello next time.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    can't remember the foods I used to eat
    They're still in your diary...
  • Check out: www.marksdailyapple.com

& The Primal Blueprint.