Shakeology and Vitamins!

Options
Ok have 2 different things...

#1- I have a freind who is doing the Shakeology shakes...and she swears by them! Is anyone doing these? and if so do you see a major difference.

#2- What is the best Multi Vitamin I could buy?? There are sooo many! Any suggestions?

Replies

• DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hey! I personally drink Shakeology myself and love it. I was hesitant myself for a long time to try it, but the first week I tried it I lost 4 lbs. It wasn't due to any stimulants or anything either. Shakeology is caffeine free and I believe why it has helped me loose weight is because it kind of has just started to put everything in place. It has over 70 high quality super foods and you really can't beat it. I don't blame your friend... I swear by it too.

As far as vitamins go I always try to find a vitamin that is made purely from whole foods. Unfortunately there are a lot of vitamins out there that are chemically made and your body honestly does not know what to do with it...so in the end you are wasting money. I would look into Garden of Life's Raw multiple vitamin-it is all made from whole foods and I have also heard good things about Alive. You can find both of these at any health food store

I hope that helps
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hey! I personally drink Shakeology myself and love it. I was hesitant myself for a long time to try it, but the first week I tried it I lost 4 lbs. It wasn't due to any stimulants or anything either. Shakeology is caffeine free and I believe why it has helped me loose weight is because it kind of has just started to put everything in place. It has over 70 high quality super foods and you really can't beat it. I don't blame your friend... I swear by it too.

As far as vitamins go I always try to find a vitamin that is made purely from whole foods. Unfortunately there are a lot of vitamins out there that are chemically made and your body honestly does not know what to do with it...so in the end you are wasting money. I would look into Garden of Life's Raw multiple vitamin-it is all made from whole foods and I have also heard good things about Alive. You can find both of these at any health food store

I hope that helps

FYI: Shakeology contains synthetic vitamins too...
  • Ashleacurtice
    Ashleacurtice Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I hope that helps

yes thank you!! Im just nervous about how expensive it is!! I have heard so many good things...do you find it to be pricey?
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is the best tasting supplement that I have found, I don't really know if it's categorized just as a protein powder.. There's too many other ingredients that are good for u... I have drank it for over a year, even became a bb coach to get it at a cheaper price, but then I decided that cost was still pretty high, so I drink it every other day. the chocolate is amazing
  • DaveneGfit
    Options

I hope that helps

FYI: Shakeology contains synthetic vitamins too...

This I know. With vegan tropical strawberry they removed those vitamins and everything is plant based.
  • DaveneGfit
    Options

I hope that helps

yes thank you!! Im just nervous about how expensive it is!! I have heard so many good things...do you find it to be pricey?

I know and I fully understand, but look at this way. How often do you go out to eat? Or even get something like coffee. This is how I have been able to work for me. It is $4.00 a serving and that is still the same price or cheaper if you were to go to McDonalds to get a full meal. I am actually saving money now as crazy as that is. I no longer go out for coffee and often drink shakeology as a replacement.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

I know and I fully understand, but look at this way. How often do you go out to eat? Or even get something like coffee. This is how I have been able to work for me. It is $4.00 a serving and that is still the same price or cheaper if you were to go to McDonalds to get a full meal. I am actually saving money now as crazy as that is. I no longer go out for coffee and often drink shakeology as a replacement.

But whey protein powder and a multivitamin will provide you with the same benefit at a far lower cost.
  • speedracer2007
    speedracer2007 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Call me a skeptic, but Shakeology claims have not been reviewed by the FDA. I agree with Sidesteal, you can use other suppliments and a multi vitamin at a far less expensive routine. There is nothing magical or special about this product. You can lose the same amount of weight following a similar plan that has the same daily amount of protein, fat, & carbs.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

But whey protein powder and a multivitamin will provide you with the same benefit at a far lower cost.
    ^^^QFT
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    Tried it for a while and wasn't crazy about the taste. Plus, I'm trying to learn how to eat correctly for a lifetime and I just don't see myself drinking shakes for the rest of my life. Just my thoughts . . .

Tom

:-)
  • oconor316
    oconor316 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried a bunch of different shakes before but so far the only one I like is Bodybyvi which makes sense seeing as I love the cake batter flavor to it. I will tell you this much as well it is only about $2.00 a shake and as far as I have seen it works excellent.
  • Ashleacurtice
    Ashleacurtice Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! = )