Subway

Options
I forgot my lunch at home this morning so was looking at going to subway. I was checking out their website, and I am curious about their nutritional value amounts...Its just hard for me to believe their are only 446 calories in a footlong sweet onion chicken teriyaki sandwich, with provolone cheese, sauce, onions, peppers, and on italian herbs and cheese bread. Is this right? It seems very low for what I would have figured and I want to make sure that I am logging correctly.

Replies

• tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    I know I was reading the website wrong at first glance and was looking at the first line as the calories...That's actually the serving size in grams :-/...
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Double check the description. That sounds more like a six inch.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I like Subway.
  • oorkris
    oorkris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already eaten, ditch the sandwich and order a Chicken Tikka Salad Bowl with everything (no cheese) plus Sweet Onion Sauce. Very filling, only 269 kcals and 3g fat!
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    It is 920 Calories for a footlong that you described. You were looking at the serving size in grams. Sorry.
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'd eat that three times a day, but the numbers you have is for a 6 inch sub.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yes, that sounds more like a 6". Something cool they will do for you is they will scoop out the bread. Ask for your sandwich to be "scooped" and they will dig out a lot of the bread from the inside. Saving you tons of calories. They even post nutrition for the scooped kind. I love getting the turkey breast or ham, or the oven roasted chicken. No cheese and tons of veggies. Also, if you like it, they have an oregano blend to put on your sandwich which is awesome!! Yummmmmy!! :drinker:
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i work at subway and that is for a 6 inch>
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just went on and a foot long is 860 cals.
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the grams! Thanks for your help! WHEW that coulda been ugly! lol
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I forgot my lunch at home this morning so was looking at going to subway. I was checking out their website, and I am curious about their nutritional value amounts...Its just hard for me to believe their are only 446 calories in a footlong sweet onion chicken teriyaki sandwich, with provolone cheese, sauce, onions, peppers, and on italian herbs and cheese bread. Is this right? It seems very low for what I would have figured and I want to make sure that I am logging correctly.

the foot long is 860 calories.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Yes, that sounds more like a 6". Something cool they will do for you is they will scoop out the bread. Ask for your sandwich to be "scooped" and they will dig out a lot of the bread from the inside. Saving you tons of calories. They even post nutrition for the scooped kind. I love getting the turkey breast or ham, or the oven roasted chicken. No cheese and tons of veggies. Also, if you like it, they have an oregano blend to put on your sandwich which is awesome!! Yummmmmy!! :drinker:
    NICE TIP on the scooping!!!!
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Nice tip on the "scooping". I eat mine open-faced for the same reason. Nice to have another option :)
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already eaten, ditch the sandwich and order a Chicken Tikka Salad Bowl with everything (no cheese) plus Sweet Onion Sauce. Very filling, only 269 kcals and 3g fat!

This is what i get (minus the sweet onion sauce) I LOVE it. I always get double chicken and all the salad SO filling and so good for you!
  • deidradean13
    Options
    I love Subway, but their bread has tons of sodium. I try and go for the salad. I like to get the spinach and lettuce salad with grilled chicken. You can get olive oil and vinegar put on it if you want something lighter than ranch, otherwise they have fat free italian dressing packets. I think its only $5, so same price as a footlong, but much better for you!
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

probably accurate because those sandwiches dont have nearly as much stuff in it as they do on television... you take away the bread and dressing it would be around 120cals
  • kevinsbarrett
    kevinsbarrett Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try an oven roasted chicken breast without cheese. Much less calories and fat. If you prefer the Teriyaki, you can cut a fair amount of calories and fat by having it without cheese.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

the foot long is 860 calories.

wait, i lied it;s actually 920

SERVING SIZE (g) 446 CALORIES 920 Calories from Fat 200 TOTAL FAT (g) 23 Saturated Fat (g) 10 Trans Fat* (g) 0 CHOLESTEROL (mg) 140 SODIUM (mg) 2420 CARBOHYDRATES (G) 113 Dietary Fiber (g) 4 Sugars (g) 35 PROTEIN (G) 61 VITAMIN A % DV 10 VITAMIN C % DV 40 CALCIUM % DV 110 IRON % DV 35
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just may try that chicken tikka salad bowl! Sounds good! I was just playing around with different sandwiches cause you can "build your own" and the numbers just were not adding up to me. Glad I was corrected before I ate something and ruined my calories for the day. Its really cool they have that option online though.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    I looked up the scoop it thing and it's only in the KANSAS CITY area, according to subwayscoopit.com