dukan diet

Options
hi all anyone have a soft copy of this diet or a list of foods u can/cant eat?

Replies

• luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    - Phase 1: Also known as the Attack phase. You eat low-fat protein only. And drink a lot of water (coffee, tea and diet sodas or OK too but they have to be zero calories and zero fat).

Your protein is likely to come in the form of meat (low-fat beef, chicken, turkey, fish), but there are also dairy possibilities (e.g. zero-fat yogurt and cottage cheese, etc) and vegetarian/vegan options (e.g. eggs, tofu and seitan). You can season your protein with anything that is zero fat and zero carbs, like salt, vinegar, onions, mustard, normal spices (oregano, basil, pepper, etc.) and so on. You also add some oat bran (1.5 tablespoons per day) to the mix and a 20-minute walk every day.

In the attack phase, the only thing that will passing your lips is the protein, the oat bran and the water

- Phase 2: Also known as the cruise phase. You have days of nothing-but-protein alternated with days of nothing-but-protein-and-vegetables. Salad is included as a vegetable. You continue the oat bran (2 tablespoons per day), the water and the walking (which increases to 30 minutes a day, briskly). You can see why the Dukan diet is also known as the French protein diet

What does the menu look like in Phase 2? The vegetables you are allowed to eat are pretty limited, because some things that we consider “vegetables” actually contain a lot of carbs. Things like carrots, peas, corn and potatoes are out, therefore. Green is in. So anything you might normally find in a salad is OK, including: Lettuce, spinach, broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions. Also allowed are things like green beans, cabbage, cauliflower, asparagus and celery. You can eat them raw, or steam them, or boil them. Your menu could include soups or stews that combine protein and vegetables. The menu will definitely include salads.

Meat and offal
    1.Beef steak
    2.Fillet of beef
    3.Sirloin steak
    4.Roast beef
    5.Rump steak
    6.Tongue
    7.Bresaola, air-dried/wind-dried beef
    8.Veal escalope
    9.Veal chop
    10.Kidney
    11. Calf's liver
    12. Pre-cooked ham slices (without any fat or rind)
    13.Pre-cooked chicken and turkey slices (without any fat or rind)
    14.Fat-reduced bacon
    15.Game (venison, pheasant, partridge, hare, grouse)
    16.Rabbit/hare
    Fish
    17.Bass
    18.Cod (fresh)
    19.Crab/ocean sticks (surimi)
    20.Dab/lemon sole
    21.Dover sole
    22.Grey mullet
    23.Haddock
    24.Hake
    25.Halibut
    26.Herring
    27.Mackerel
    28.Monkfish
    29.Plaice
    30. Pollock/Coley
    31.Rainbow trout/salmon trout
    32.Red mullet
    33. Salmon
    34. Smoked salmon
    35. Sardines
    36.Sea bream
    37.Skate
    38.Swordfish 39
    39. Tuna
    40. Turbot
    41. Whiting
    42.Fish roe (cod, salmon, herring, nitillet)
    Seafood
    43. Calamari/squid
    44. Clams
    45. Cockles
    46.Crab
    47.Crawfish/crayfish
    48.Dublin Bay prawns
    49. Lobster
    50.Mediterranean prawn/gambas
    51.Mussels
    52.Oysters
    53. Prawns
    54. Scallops
    55. Shrimps
    56.Whelks
    Poultry
    57.Chicken
    58.Poussin
    59. Chicken liver
    60. Guinea fowl
    61.Ostrich
    62.Pigeon
    63.Quail
    64.Turkey
    Eggs
    65.Hen's eggs
    66.Quail's eggs
    Non-fat dairy products
    67.Non-fat cottage cheese
    68.Non-fat fromage frais
    69.Non-fat,Greek yoghurt
    70.Non-fat quark/non-fat yoghurt (plain or flavoured with aspartame)
    71.Skimmed milk
    Vegetable Proteins
    72.Tofu
    Vegetables
    73.Artichoke
    74.Asparagus
    75.Aubergine
    76.Beetroot
    77.Broccoli/purple sprouting broccoli
    78.Cabbage: white/red/Savoy/cauliflower/Chinese leaves/kohlrabi/kale/Brussels sprout (all types of cabbage)
    79.Carrot
    80.Celery/celeriac
    81.Chicory100 Natural Foods That Keep You Healthy
    82.Courgette
    83.Cucumber
    84.Fennel
    85.French beans/string beans/mangetout
    86.Leek
    87.Mushrooms
    88.Onion
    89.Palm hearts
    90. Peppers (sweet)
    91.Pumpkin/marrow/squash
    92.Radish
    93. Rhubarb
    94. Salad leaves: all types of lettuce/rocket/watercress/alfalfa/curly endive/sorrel
    95. Soya beans
    96.Spinach
    97.Swede
    98.Swiss chard
    99. Tomatoes loo.
    100.Turnip
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love the phase 2!! love the veggies, actually. Don't forget there are 2 other phases after that! people often tend to forget about them but they are crucial if you don't want to gain your weight back ^^
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks for the info! xx
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bump interesting
  • Wimbledongal
    Wimbledongal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I tried it, lost 16lbs found it too hard to incorporate into daily life and all the meat is expensive, makes you constipated etc etc... MFP is the way for me!
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love the phase 2!! love the veggies, actually. Don't forget there are 2 other phases after that! people often tend to forget about them but they are crucial if you don't want to gain your weight back ^^

As SashaMegan said, in the third phase you start adding back your starches, once a week, also you can have wholegrain bread again, as well as cheese (not all cheeses though) also, you get celebration meals once a week (twice in the second part of the consolidation phase) where you can eat anything you crave, for only one meal (not a whole binge day...)

And on the final phase, you eat pretty normal, but you MUST have one pure protein day a week, not even an option.

It sounds more complicated than it is. I love the Dukan diet, you get great results, its also actually the first diet I've managed to stick to.

I do think you should read the book, it explains everything very well.

Also, if you go on the dukandiet website, you can work out what your true weight should be and how long you will be on each phase (as a guideline)
  • lauraniculita
    lauraniculita Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thks so much for the advice, any more is also welcome :)
  • SashaMegan
    Options

Its also actually the first diet I've managed to stick to.

Hahaha me too! So far so good! :bigsmile:
    I do think you should read the book, it explains everything very well.

Also, if you go on the dukandiet website, you can work out what your true weight should be and how long you will be on each phase (as a guideline)

That's a great advice. As I read it once, if you're not willing to give 10$ for the book, you're not willing to make any effort to lose weight! Plus, it has great advice and explanations about the diet, which will mak you feel less frustrated with the food restrictions!
  • lauraniculita
    lauraniculita Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done just the attack phase to boost up weightlosd then got back to healthy eating?
  • SashaMegan
    Options
    in my opinion it doesn't really work because you lose water weight and in some cases (like after 3 days or more) you start the ketogenic phase, which is the whole purpose of the diet...
  • TheEndComplete2113
    Options
    I love this diet because it's the only one I've ever been able to stick to as well!!

Remember to drink LOTS of water on this diet though. You really need to drink at least 8 cups a day or else you can easily become dehydrated. (diet soda is allowed too!)