Wanted To Be Bad

Options
havingitall
havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
Yesterday when I was grocery shopping, I got to the bakery in the store and decided I wanted to get something that wasn't diet friendly.

I picked up an Apple Cinnamon Kringle and, of course, checked the calories. 1/16th of it was 190 calories. I though 1/16th would never be enough so I put it down and moved on.

They had some awesome looking mini boston cream pies and german chocolate cakes. These were about the size of a two bite brownie. 2 of them had 200 calories each. I knew that I would need to eat more than that to be happy, so I put them down and moved on.

Pies and cakes waved at me from all over the bakery. I looked at the calories and the serving size and figured that each one was not worth it.

Finally, I saw some weight watchers cakes. The calories were not bad but I decided they could never taste as good as the things I really wanted so I put them down, sighed deeply and left the store with no bad food whatsoever.

That, to me, is a HUGE success

Replies

• JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hurray for you!!!:drinker: That's wonderful!! Keep it up and soon those things won't even wave at you.
  • ceecee1977
    ceecee1977 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Empowering isn't it!

I always about drive myself crazy when I end up with extra calories and am able to treat myself. I can never decide on a treat b/c the calories feel so precious to me I often can not find a treat "worthy" of my extra calories!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I picked up a single molten cake the other night (doing a quick grocery trip before work) and about died when it had more calories than the dinner I was planning on eating. I threw it back so fast!

I feel like I'm way pickier now too. If it doesn't taste divine-I'm not sticking it in my mouth! lol. I had some mediocre Chinese food the other day and I was mad-I wasn't wasting that kind of calories on mediocre!
  • saint84
    saint84 Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Way to go, You should be very very proud of yourself!
  • hhca
    hhca Posts: 7
    Options
    Well done -- that's a big step !

Amazing what the mind can do when you focus on what's important and not lapse into the old habits
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!
    I bet you feel great!
  • knottylibrarian
    Options
    great job!
  • Makai
    Makai Posts: 43
    Options
    Good job! It is important to know what you want and avoid temptation.
  • 08caloriecounter
    08caloriecounter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! You are an inspiration!

55594.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rockgoddess
    Options
    Great! You kicked the evil food's butt and showed them who's boss! :happy:
    I loved your story. Food & drink waves at me too. Me being on a strick budget being unemployed got me buying foods that will fill me up and have nutritional value. I need to keep feeling good mentally and physically or I fall off the wagon. Those foods you mentioned are not foods that will keep you happy long. Once they are devoured the thrill is gone, then it punishes you by staying on your body.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Nice!!:flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You are such a good girl! Was it the Weight Watchers Smart Ones you thought about getting, but decided they wouldn't be good? I have to say...those are friggin' delicous. :tongue:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks Brenda...now I want to go shopping again:smile:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    That IS a huge success! :happy: Good for you!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! good for you!!! It's amazing how just being concious of our food choices - even the bad ones - can make a huge difference.

The other day I was reading calories on a can of soup and my son commented that it seemed so odd to see me reading calorie labels (he just moved back home). It was funny because it has become so normal for me now....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!