TOO FAT TO LOSE WEIGHT!

Options
When exploring alternatives to Weight Watchers (to save money because it was getting too expensive for me), I stumbled on Fat Secret. Would y'all believe that, after creating a profile and downloading their app, it basically told me that I was too fat to lose weight? The app locked me out and told me to consult a physician with no regard to whether or not a physician sent me to Fat Secret in the first place. I chuckle over it now but was pissed!

Then .... my angel and bff WongoWoman told me about MFP and I remembered that I had an account here two years ago. So I came back and now there is a -29 lb difference (at last monthly weigh in) since the beginning of this 81 day continuous log-in streak.

I type all this to say -- THANK YOU, MY FITNESS PAL for accepting anyone who desires to lose weight and get fit ... no matter how large they may be from the start!

Replies

• exlaxref
    exlaxref Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job!
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow. Seriously? If that site were a person it would be an a*****e.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That sounds like they might be afraid that the advice they give will get them sued if it doesn't work, etc. That's strange for a free site. I love MFP though and never tried anything else.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Cheers to you for coming back and sticking to it! :drinker:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Glad you made your way back to MFP!! :wink:
  • Pammilla2000
    Pammilla2000 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When exploring alternatives to Weight Watchers (to save money because it was getting too expensive for me), I stumbled on Fat Secret. Would y'all believe that, after creating a profile and downloading their app, it basically told me that I was too fat to lose weight? The app locked me out and told me to consult a physician with no regard to whether or not a physician sent me to Fat Secret in the first place. I chuckle over it now but was pissed!

Then .... my angel and bff WongoWoman told me about MFP and I remembered that I had an account here two years ago. So I came back and now there is a -29 lb difference (at last monthly weigh in) since the beginning of this 81 day continuous log-in streak.

I type all this to say -- THANK YOU, MY FITNESS PAL for accepting anyone who desires to lose weight and get fit ... no matter how large they may be from the start!
    AWESOME!!! I love it & congrats on your loss! I'm right behind you
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Well, dang. That's just plain inspiring. A person who knows what she wants and won't give up.

I'm tippin' my tea cup to you!!

:drinker:
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Good for you for joining here, its brilliant and I wouldnt go anywhere else :-)

Although saying that I've just gone and had a browse at what this Fat Secret is about, and whilst I'm not swopping, its calories burned for exercise calculator is more accurate and takes into account the your personal bodyweight, so I may use that!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    What?!?! That is ridiculous. Noone is too fat to lose weight.
  • caiialily
    caiialily Posts: 28
    Options
    Ick. They just want to cover their butts. That way if, heaven forbid, something happens to one of their users because of a diet/exercise regime (heart attack at the gym anyone?), they can say it's not their fault. Of course, the impression that it gives off to those of us who use the site is not so nice.

I had an account there, but I felt so awful just typing in the web address I hardly ever logged on. Who wants to type the words "fat secret" into their web browser every day when they're trying to get healthy? Like it's not bad enough to feel fat, but now it's like my dirty little secret? Please. MFP is so much more supportive!

Good luck with your journey!!
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Glad you came back to MFP. You have done amazing! Congrats on your loss :flowerforyou:
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great commitment and gratz on 92 pounds lost :smile:
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I can't remember which place but not the one you are talking about... I put that I was diabetic and they wanted me to get a signed "ok" from my Dr before I used their free site. Doesn't matter that I'm a RN who helped developed Diabetes education programs years ago, doesn't matter that I am followed closely by a Dr anyway. All they do is flag certain things and then you get "shunned". It isn't anything against us, they just want to be careful in this day and age of suing everyone and everything for no reason at all!

Congratz on your weight loss! You are doing so well!