Eating Exercise

Options
Ok, So I need some solid how to do.
I have been working out everyday doing Jillian or Bob workouts on demand 25-45 mins a day, and then something else 3-5 nights a week, walking, running, pilates, etc....

Since I joined in August I have only lost 8 pounds. I understand slow and steady wins the race, but I was really hoping to see some change by now.

I am wondering if I stop adding my exercise and only focusing on 1300 a day caloric intake I may start to see some change????

Can anyone advise, maybe I am not eating enough?

Replies

• mystasia
    mystasia Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What does your totals look like? Calories, exercise calories? It depends on that I'd say.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    What does your totals look like? Calories, exercise calories? It depends on that I'd say.

Not sure what your looking for. If I add my exercise I am adding another 300 - 500 cal's a day for exercise. I was eating them, but the last week I have been trying to stick to only the 1300 a day.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    The system is generic. I found I had to tweak the goals to get the system where I was loosing weight. I also found it was easy to overestimate the amount of calories you burn during workouts since I would always forget to subtract number of calories I would burn not doing the exercise from the HRM. Try tweaking things. Sometimes doing a calorie variation worked too (1 day do 1300 another 1600 then 1400....keep your body guessing.)

Good Luck and great job so far.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? It's very possible that you're shrinking and gaining muscle and not just losing fat. Take some measurements of yourself every couple of weeks. I bet you'll see an improvement!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? It's very possible that you're shrinking and gaining muscle and not just losing fat. Take some measurements of yourself every couple of weeks. I bet you'll see an improvement!

I have been meaning to measure myself, because honestly I feel that my clothes are fitting better and I have gained muscle. I will have to search my house tonight for something to measure with...
  • madelinetg15
    Options

Not sure what your looking for. If I add my exercise I am adding another 300 - 500 cal's a day for exercise. I was eating them, but the last week I have been trying to stick to only the 1300 a day.

It depends on what your goals are set for. if you set your goals to work out 30 mins a day for at least three days and to lose 1 pound a week then that is the calories they give you. If you are wanting more results then change your goals to lose 2 pounds a week and work out 5 times a week for at least 30 mins. It will change your calorie limit. Just because you earn extra calories from working out it doesn't mean you have to eat it. But don't starve yourself to meet a calorie limit your body will slow down its metabolism and put you in survival mode and horde your fat. Just make sure your goals are set the way you want them to be.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options

It depends on what your goals are set for. if you set your goals to work out 30 mins a day for at least three days and to lose 1 pound a week then that is the calories they give you. If you are wanting more results then change your goals to lose 2 pounds a week and work out 5 times a week for at least 30 mins. It will change your calorie limit. Just because you earn extra calories from working out it doesn't mean you have to eat it. But don't starve yourself to meet a calorie limit your body will slow down its metabolism and put you in survival mode and horde your fat. Just make sure your goals are set the way you want them to be.

Really? If you put goals in the system that you are going to workout x times per week for x minutes, it automatically adjusts your calories?? I thought it only adjusted for the calories you actually burned from input in the daily exercise log. Have I been doing it wrong? What really does the exercise goal do?...does it change anything?...or is it just a goal?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Really? If you put goals in the system that you are going to workout x times per week for x minutes, it automatically adjusts your calories?? I thought it only adjusted for the calories you actually burned from input in the daily exercise log. Have I been doing it wrong? What really does the exercise goal do?...does it change anything?...or is it just a goal?

It doesn't change your calories- it's just a goal.
  • twilight1542
    Options

It DOES NOT affect your daily calories. When you go to the "exercise" tab under where you enter your exercise it shows daily & weekly totals for time & calories burned. That's where those numbers show up.