Day 1

Options
Hi, I'm new and this is Day 1 of getting serious and losing 35 lbs. I have never created a profile and talked to strangers on a website before. But figured this is a good way to have accountability. I don't exactly know how this site works. I have downloaded the app on my iphone to help make entries. I'm about to make my grocery list and get groceries today and I'll get in my workout this afternoon/evening. That's all I've got for now.

Replies

• Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Welcome hazelis. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

It's only my second week here but I find it really useful as well as helpful. The accountability aspect really works for me. I've also learned about just what is in which foods... you know how much protein is in things, what high-carb or low carb etc. so it can be quite educational. I started weighing stuff which helps... I thought I knew what a "portion" of pasta or corn flakes looks like but evidently not. LOL
  • Onira76
    Onira76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome...

although I have been using this site for a few months I only really got serious about my weight loss last week. I too have the iphone app and I am finding that tracking my calorie intake to be easy and a huge part of this journey.
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! =) xx
  • Lynne555
    Lynne555 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Welcome and good luck.. I too like Kara thought I knew what things weighed.. I've been doing this two weeks now, exercising a lot, drinking a lot of water. Weighed my cereal this morning... I was eating 4 x the amount I should have.. big shock.. It has really helped me up to now and I realised I had no iron in my diet so taking supplements now and feel 100 times better.. its briliant...
  • hazelis79
    hazelis79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone and the helpful information.
  • babynurse_80
    Options
    Hi, I just signed up today too!! I like the food diary and the app, but I still find I need to plan my week of meals out, so there are NO surprises!! Good luck!