Need to change the way I eat

Options
:mad: I don't like the way I feel about myself and the way that I look. I would like the support to help me on my journey to loose wieght and keep it off. Alos the help me learn to eat healthier and stay that way. I would like ideas on what to do to get healthier.:mad:

Replies

• jesswilks
    jesswilks Posts: 31
    Options
    you can add me if you would like we can support each other as for eating healthier i am still trying to figure that one out myself
  • suemoony
    suemoony Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there, You've made the 1st step!!

Have you thought of some exercise programme like "Couch to 5k" ?? That's a brilliant one to get started on ;)))
    Good luck
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Well, for most people, it's good to plan out your meals at the beginning of the day so you can spread out the calories. Once you get used to what your usual foods are like calorie-wise you don't need to plan so much.

Try to cut back on sodium. Cut back on sugar if you're like me. Haha

Avoid drinking your calories (juice or soda), instead drink water, tea, or coffee without adding extra. I add lemon or lime juice to my water for a bit of flavour. I add milk to my coffee but stopped using sugar.

Uses herbs and spices to flavour food instead of heavy sauces.

We try not to eat much that comes from a box. My husband is sensitive to artificial stuff and preservatives so we have cut a lot out, and now I've become more sensitive to it.

When going out to eat, try looking at the menu online beforehand to see what the calories, fat and salt are like for different dishes. This had helped me a lot. I love yam fries with chipotle mayo as an appetizer, but not enough to use up 800+ calories!

Try looking into ethnic foods for variety, try vegetarian chili (you can eat so much!) Experimenting with food helps you find new favorites.