Never really thought I could do it.. proof in pictures

Options
KBrenOH
KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
Hi guys,
I'm not really good at posting pictures, so hopefully this helps. As of this week, I'm down 74lbs from my highest weight ever and I just felt the need to toot my own horn.
There comes a time where you as your own person just has it up to here with who you are and for me, that point hit last Spring. I'd lost my Dad the year before (2010) my job 6 months later. By Spring of 2011 I was severely depressed and after a Dr. Visit I decided something needed to change and that was the way I was leading my lifestyle. So I channeled my grief and my anger, and I started jogging. I could barely go a minute and not feel like I was dying. Now, a little over 1 year later, I can do a full 5k, and while I still need to work on my speed, I'm feeling good about myself, about who I am, and I feel like I'm a better person for my kids to look up to.

I have about 25-30lbs more I'd like to lose, but I'm so happy with my progress. I'm like a whole new me, or at least a me that I haven't seen since I was in high school.

I apologize that the pictures are kinda grainy; I can't figure out how to fix that.

Slide1.jpg

edit to add in one more pic, because it doesn't look like the original let all the pictures show *sigh*

112.jpg

and I'm sorry it's so Big but this is me taken last weekend at 155lbs!

Replies

• thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Girl you are looking great!!!!!
  • keeperofaframer
    Options
    That is so AWESOME!!!! Good Job!!!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    GREAT progress!!!
  • jjstaten
    jjstaten Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I love Cinci!
  • robinregina
    robinregina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    OMG, I mean OMG, that is all I can say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Congrats!
  • Mrsbuffmommy
    Options
    wow great job, i need to lose 65lbs do u have any good advice .. im a mother of 2 and stay at home and have a big picky family when it comes to foods. could u help me with some advice please!
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great job!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,754 Member
    Options
    You have achieved AMAZING things! Congratulations on the new, self confident you! :drinker:

Thanks for the inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,758 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You're lookin' great!! And healthier and happier into the bargain, congrats!
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Not to be an absolute total creep, but you took that last photo about 5 feet away from where I work!! I work at Mitchell's Fish Market in Newport, and I know you're standing on the levee in the corner right by our back patio! hahahaha

You look awesome, though! :)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Congrats on your success!!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    missaliicia - that's not creepy hehe :smile: I absolutely love Newport on the Levee during the summer/fall seasons; totally worth crossing the river for. We were down there for Italianfest that particular day!

Mrsbuffmommy:
    I have a picky family too, and a husband who wasn't "onboard" with my lifestyle change for a long time. He used to make fun of me for weighing out my foods and logging every single thing I ate and/or turn downed because I didn't have the calories for it that day. That stopped after I started losing weight, though he's still not 100% on board with it.
    The way I combated it, was - I picked the battles I could win. I make dinner, if he doesn't want to eat what I've made; that's his problem. I didn't really change WHAT I ate so much as I changed HOW I ate it. Everything in moderation, and eventually, I got to the point that I didn't really want the cheeseburger from McD's anymore, but on the rare occasion that I do.. I made room for it in my calorie goal for the day, or I made sure to exercise enough to cover that particular splurge.
    I also recommend a food scale. I love that thing because what you think is the correct food portion, may not be at all. And as far as exercise goes.. I recommend getting a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) to help track what calories you're actually burning as opposed to what a machine or MFP tells you.

Good luck with it -- it's a great journey to start on!

*Edit to say --- Thank you everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • kcoburn327
    kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go!!!
  • Liss1
    Liss1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! GREAT JOB!
  • ladyjammie
    ladyjammie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • jadamuriel76
    jadamuriel76 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Way to gp!
  • misugrrl
    misugrrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am so happy for you :) Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!