Suggestions please

Options
ladyoni
ladyoni Posts: 8 Member
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some low carb vegetarian meal ideas. Any suggestions?? Would be grateful for any ideas.

Replies

• billiegirl17
    billiegirl17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This really isn't a specific recipe, but just something I do. It's my go-to when I am in a hurry and don't want to eat fast food.
    Canned white meat chicken, drained. Broccoli. Low fat shredded cheddar cheese(or cheese of your choice). MIx chicken and broccoli, spread cheese on top and microwave until brocoli is soft, cheese is melted.
  • camachojulie
    Options
    Grill a large portbella mushroom (45 calories) , top with 1/4 cup of cheese (i use mozzarella) (80 calories) and place on a sandwhich round (100 calories). I seasoned mushroom with garlic and soy sauce in a quick marinate (while grill was heating). I was filled and it substitued as a burger.
  • Hattieross
    Hattieross Posts: 17
    Options
    Ratatouille (sp?) is a great low carb veggie dish.

I like to combine grilled zuchinni, squash, onions and roasted garlic with a can of diced tomatoes, a sprinkle of capers and allow it simmer until most of the liquid evaporates. Salt/season to taste.

You can eat is like a stew, atop 1/2 cup brown rice or couscous as a main course, or make brushetta and sprinkle with feta or goat cheese. Delish!
  • una48
    una48 Posts: 43
    Options
    you might want to check out the vegetarian society? http://www.recipes.vegsoc.org/
  • ladyoni
    ladyoni Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas. Should help. :)