REALLY ?BULKED UP!? Bikini Pics- Before lifting and after!

Options
Excuse me as I rant for a moment....amuse me please!

I understand woman that are newbies to this site, worried that if they start lifting heavy weights..they will somehow turn into Arnold, with HUGE biceps and quads...I believed this stupid misconception too...thankfully... I surronded myself with very smart friends here...and listened to what they had to teach... I started lifting MUCH heavier and with way fewer reps...Best advise I have followed here!

I began lifting heavy only at the most 60 days ago- I believe it was more like 45 days...you tell me if it looks like I am bulking up and turning into a guy's shape....? The before pic was taken on May 13th and the "in progress" pic was taken June 16th..

Untitled-1.jpg

smk-5.jpg

So all ya chicks know...best fat burning exercise I have done...y'all can have the elliptical, I hate that thing!

Replies

• sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Whoops...let me resize!

Untitled-1.jpg

smk-4.jpg
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You are definately slimming down and looking toned! I love lifting!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I think you look beautiful. Well done :)
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    OMG...you look amazing! Can I ask what you are doing? I used to only do cardio and then a smart friend of mine told me that lifting would be better for me...and she was right! Keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    you have transformed that much in that little amount of time??!?!?!?

*faint*

Good job! Send me your weight lifting schedule! haha!
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    Your chest and arms look so much more toned, and the look on your face in the second picture says it all! You look proud and happy of your results, and you should be!! You look great :)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Your arms look so much thinnner too! Trip out :) You look amazing!
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    I can't get the full after shot to come up...sorry...at least I hope you can tell that I am not getting MAN ARMS from lifting!!

Untitled-2.jpg
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Omg! What? And I'm walking 3 miles for nothing!

Please share what you're doing.

I actually do like lifting weights, more than I do cardio, but I really don't know if I have good form, or anything like that. I did buy some kettlebells, and plan to start those up again. Any tips would be great and you look amazing!!!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    You're so big and bulky! :p

You look fab! Great work!
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    For any of you who are interested in lifting, this is probably the best program in there for beginners.
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs
    I'd recommend the original program, and reading the book to avoid injury (the book really fixed my form a lot).
    The only thing I would do to change it is add in some arm isolation on the last workout day of the week when you are going to have 2 rest days after.
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    For any of you who are interested in lifting, this is probably the best program in there for beginners.
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs
    I'd recommend the original program, and reading the book to avoid injury (the book really fixed my form a lot).
    The only thing I would do to change it is add in some arm isolation on the last workout day of the week when you are going to have 2 rest days after.

Definitely need the day(s) of rest in between!!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Great pictures!!! I couldn't agree more about heavy lifting. It's the best thing I've done for myself in a loooooooooooong time, too! :)
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    Great pictures!!! I couldn't agree more about heavy lifting. It's the best thing I've done for myself in a loooooooooooong time, too! :)

I so agree Karen!!! Glad you are bad *kitten* chick-my friend here!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    You really look tight...and all now...I been thru that out the window of lifting makes you look manly or bulking..... Keep up the great work!!! Definitely can see the difference!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!