Body Fat Percentage

Options
Wondering if others know what percentage body fat they are... I am 38%. Thinking about having a fat% goal instead of weight goal. I think I just want to think of smaller-sounding numbers for a while!

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I hate finding my body fat percentage. It's always a really high number and makes me feel horrible about myself. I'll stick with the scale for now, mmkay? :P
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm at 17% now, according to the machine at Lifestyle Family Fitness. Having a BF% goal is good! Here's a reference you can use: http://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ideal-body-fat-percentage-chart/
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Actually, I prefer bfat as a standard over mere weight.
    You can check your bodyfat for free here easily.
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/library/blbodyfatcalculator.htm

Body measurements don't lie as easily as the scale.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    how do you find that out?
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I'm at 19%. I use the military body fat calculator on www.fat2fitradio.com.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    19% according to callipers done wrongly by a personal trainer lol, but only 16.4% using that military online calculator, so am going to go into a bod pod very soon and see what that comes up with. I don't think online calculators or scales are accurate at all so have not bothered with them.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'm at 19%. I use the military body fat calculator on www.fat2fitradio.com.

Okay, with this one, my body fat percentage is 28%, while the other one that the OP posted it's 42%. I think I'll take the number from this site instead because I'm pretty sure I'm not half fat at this point. :P

Now it's telling me that my lean body mass is 140 pounds (which is the heaviest I can be for a healthy BMI), which was my goal weight. Now I'm confused. It says I shouldn't be below 21% body fat so the lightest according to this I should be is 177 pounds, which seems pretty heavy for someone who's 5'4". I'm all kinds of confused now. :indifferent:
  • Betrbleave
    Betrbleave Posts: 37
    Options
    I need to measure myself to find out my body fat percentage
  • darlenem12
    darlenem12 Posts: 18
    Options
    Body fat % is good to know, it's more important than the lbs. I went to the dr. and they said I have alot of muscle, more than the average woman, but I also have alot of fat.:cry:
  • chelll224
    chelll224 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    According to my scale my body fat % is still at 35%. That's very frustrating to me, but at least it's going down. Does anyone know how accurate those body fat scales really are? It's a new scale, one of those wifi ones by Withings.
  • ChrissyRMiller
    ChrissyRMiller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The military one says I'm at 50% body fat. :( My goal is to get down to 21% before I graduate nursing school in April of 2014.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    THAT IS A GREAT GOAL! So many people bow to the evil oppressor that is the scale, but that lying *kitten* doesn't deserve your loyalty :laugh:

Take pics and measurements, us those as much better measurements along with your bf% and generally how you look and feel. All of these things are better indicators of your progress than the scale.
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    tag for later
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Military calculator on Fat2FitRadio says I am 20% body fat.