Water Intake

Options
Do you usually meet your daily water intake by dinner? sooner or later? Are you drinking just water or do you have something like Crystal Light in your water?

Replies

• oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I often times don't meet the 8 cups, but can certainly tell when I'm getting sufficient water. By dinner time I'm usually done drinking water. I count tea that I brew at home toward my water, but it's not a majority of my intake.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job so I pretty much have my water intake by the time I'm done work, but will continue drinking water after supper. I always drink my water plain, or will add a lemon wedge when I have lemons available. I don't like to add Crystal Light or any other powders as they are often loaded with sugars and chemicals you can't pronounce.
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I drink ONLY water and have done this since I was about 15-16 years old. So, my water intake always ads up to what I am suppsed to have every day. I don't mix anything in my water and lots of people don't know how I do it but I don't like the taste of anything in mine. The next time you buy any of the flavor packs, look on the back of the pack or box and you will see some of them contain caffiene, most all of them contain aspartame and all of them have sodium. By drinking even one of them a day you might as well drink a real diet drink and not waste your time on these because you are ruining the health benifits of your water. Read some labels and come back and let me know what you figure out! Don't just take my word for it! Study it out and read the labels! Most people just look at the front and see that it says "sugar free" and "ad to water" so tada they think HEALTHY but it isnt! Hope this helps you!!! After reading labels you will realize you are better off drinking plain water only!!! =)
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I drink about two gallons of water a day. Almost always plain, but sometimes I'll add a slice of lemon.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I generally have my water in before the end of my work day. Other than a couple of cups of coffee -- water is all I drink.

And the occassional MARGARITA:drinker:
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I usually finish 64 oz by the time lunch is over. I am a thirsty girl.

In the AM I have coffee, then water all day. In the evening I will usually have a Crystal Light Iced Tea with dinner, then more water. Sometimes there is a glass of wine in there too.

I have 1 cup of milk before bed every night.
  • KeisterBunny
    KeisterBunny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I take in my water throughout the day. I have a big water bottle that hold 18 ounces. On days I don't workout, I will go through 3-4 of them a day, no problem. On days I am working out, which is roller derby practice 3 days a week and free skating one day a week, I would say that doubles. I am not a fan of the Crystal Light little packets. I find that the flavor is too strong for me. I do like Mio. With my past kidney stone problems, I use the lemonade one, because the citric acid helps prevent the formation of stones.
  • Malgorzata79
    Malgorzata79 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I drink between 18-30 oz of water a day. Water is so good for you in the summer.
  • alodell89
    alodell89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually get close by the end of the work day, when I first triedto increase my intake I would set goals to have so much drank every hour or two hours and that helps keep me on track. I use the crystal light mixes and I work with a nutritionist and she said that using those aren't bad at all and its much better then drinking any type of soda although I don't use an entire packet for every water bottle I usually use just one packet for a days worth of water.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I honestly only had water for over 2 weeks. I was never really a water person until now. I don't care for Crystal Light (I had it once years ago and...well never went back.) Usually, I get my water in by dinner.

I take mine with ease using sliced lemons.
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I probaly get in maybe 3 to 4 glasses of water a day. I recently read an article that I should be drinking about half my body weight in ounces. That would be more than 64 oz. a day. What a challenge.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have a 32oz jar sitting on my desk at work that I will fill up 3-4 times before I go home for the day usually. I like to hit the gym downstairs at lunch, and I find if I slack on my water intake in the morning, it really takes it out of me when I'm on the elliptical for an hour or so.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    i drink between 4-6 glasses of water per day and 1 or 2 crystal lites. im usually done my water by dinner or shortly after
  • ljroderick
    ljroderick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have difficulty getting my water in, since I'm really never "thirsty" I actually have to remind myself to drink! I do however buy the crystal light packets to add to my water bottle, makes it go down a little easier -- it has zero calories. In moderation I'm sure these packets are NOT harmfullll plus it switches things up a bit so you don't get bored!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I drink so much water and tea that I always have to get up in the middle of the night to go pee since I drink so much water especially at night while watching tv. I usually get (depending on how big my mug of the day is) 5+ glasses at work and then one bottle if not more while walking and then 3-4 cups of tea at night.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    I wake up and immediately slam 48oz of water--It's become a habit of mine.

It helps the day get started and I am super hydrated for my workout!
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    For those that are struggling with their water intake, there is an free app called "Water my Body" whichr ecommends how much water you should drink each day and sends you reminders every hour or so to drink more.

It's really helped me up my intake from 2-3 glasses a day to over 3 litres
  • _CiaoParis
    _CiaoParis Posts: 166
    Options
    I just drink water. I don't consider Crystal Light, etc to be counted as water. By the afternoon I usually already consumed 8 cups. I drink 10-12 cups a day! :)
  • TrinaHillier
    TrinaHillier Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do drink my daily waterm just plain water and usually it is before supper because if I drink later in the evening I am up during the night to go pee.
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I drink most of my water after lunch. The amount varies between 50-75 oz. I add fruit to the water. Lemons, Limes, Oranges, berries or even cucumber.

I have tried to drink water in the morning, but I just can't. :-)