Sports bra question

Options
The sports bra I currently have is horrible. It bunches on the sholders and strains on my neck/back, so I end up with a lot of tension in my upper back. Does anyone have any suggestions on great types? I am around 36-40C last I remember. I usually do high cardio and running for my more involved exercises. Suggestions please!! Thanks!

Replies

• salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Try with a too small sports bra. it's more fitted closely around your ribs and helps your breasts from not moving too much...

Well that's what's working for me (36 C). I went with medium instead of large last time I bought one not too long ago.
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    I would look for one that doesn't have the racer back but has the regular u-shape back with adjustable straps. You will probably have to pay a little more for it but it will be worth it. I have one from Champion that has underwire and was around $40 and the Maia from Moving Comfort (can find online at Zappos or at a sporting goods store) for $50ish. Good luck!
  • krismonaco
    krismonaco Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am about the same size--I use Reebok size medium and it works well for me. I do a lot of running for my exercise.

Another suggestion--wear 2 sports bras...this has worked well for a couple of my friends!
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Get a Moving Comfort high impact bra. They are amazing and worth the price. I wear the Juno.

Please do not buy a sports bra that is too small. This can restrict your breathing, leave raw spots from the improper fit, and won't offer optimal support, especially for high impact movements like running.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I second the Moving Comfort. I am a 34D and this has been the only bra that has kept the girls in place. I literally used to wear 3 sports bras previously. I have the Luna and the Maya but I think there is a new one, just look for high impact.
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    I wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it for support since I am a 36 DD. its really hard for me to find sports bra's too that I can afford so that's what I do.
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    I do the same! Its super hard to find something that is supportive without breaking the bank.
  • renee_sutter
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH! What great suggestions! My current one supports, but the straps just dig and move around. I think I'll have to find a U style. I haven't shopped for one in a while, so I feel a bit clueless :)