Ur favorite veggie? or maybe u never liked b4 but now u do

Options
melonerski
melonerski Posts: 311 Member
i used to never ever eat veggies. now ive found that i love green beans and i can handle corn and carrots. ( i used to only eat corn if it was on the cob and carrots i would only do if they were drowned in dressing, now i'll eat them cooked). Peas i get a craving for but then when i have them i can only take like two bites and im done haha. also peppers are something new for me, i love them! i used to hate them, hated the smell and everything. now i love them, mostly all of them. it's weird how things change, in a good way of course =D what has changed for u?

Replies

• melonerski
    melonerski Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    squash and zuccini are a new thing for me too, i was always too afraid to try them lol
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I like a much wider variety of veggies now! Sweet potatoes and butternut squash are the big ones. I love both of them now! And brussel sprouts! YUM! :)
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I think zucchini might be my favorite - grilled or roasted it has a delicious buttery flavor.

You can pretty much roast any veggie with a touch of olive oil and some sea salt, and I will eat it up. Cauliflower, eggplant, brussels sprouts, asparagus, turnips, beets - I love 'em all.

But then, I have always liked my healthy food. It's just that I would eat all my veggies, and then eat all my icecream/cookies/cake/otherstuff
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I always liked broccoli. Now I eat pretty much a plateful of it... steamed, roasted, grilled, whatever. Anything except boiled.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I like any of them fresh, will not eat any veggie canned except for Asparagus.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    cauliflower...getting up the nerve to try brussel sprouts...heard they are awesome roasted/grilled..
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I love veggies, my favorite hands down is broccoli. yummmm

edamame is the one I never used to like. I only eat it certain ways too.
  • Aleta2
    Aleta2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It used to be brocolli but now it's brussell sprouts in a butter sauce - hands down!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I never use to like brussel sprouts but now i do, wish i could eat more of them.
    I pan fry them with a little bit of olive oil, garlic, onions and then some soy sauce and other spice.
    So yummy!
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've been trying all kinds of new and weird vegetables now. A few weeks ago I had fiddleheads, which I think are baby ferns. They taste like asparagus and are really, really good. My all time staple, however, is spinach. I add spinach to almost everything I eat. It fills me up and absorbs whatever flavor I put it with. I've always liked most vegetables, now I'm just eating more of them!