Water Intake

Options

Replies

• Exquizyt
    Exquizyt Posts: 33
    Options
    I have a 22oz water bottle, and I fill it 5 or 6 times a day depending on what I'm doing for exercise. So between 110oz - 132oz.

I have a bottle of water with breakfast, sometimes around 10am, lunch, around 2pm-3pm, supper, and one at about 8pm.
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    I drink at least 2 gallons a day. Heavy lifting and a pretty busy day.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sad to say I do not make my water goal each day. I can only blame myself.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    it is the rare day anymore that I do NOT get my 64oz of water in me. I had a major kidney stone a year ago, and I SURE do not want another one!

I have 21-32oz in the morning at the gym....then another 20oz or so by the end of lunch, then I refill the bottle and try to drink it by dinner time...then another between dinner and bed time--so that is an average of 128oz per day. sometimes I put a crystal light packet, or a squirt of mio in a bottle, but it is NOT full strength.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have usually met my water intake by lunch and I only put fresh lemon in it.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    No way! I am so bad at drinking water. Some days are better than others but most I fall short.

However, thank you for the reminder... I have to run tonight and I don't want to find myself dehydrated again...lol
  • swcoach7
    swcoach7 Posts: 4
    Options
    I drink 10-12 (160z bottles) a day !! I make sure that when the water bottle is empty I refill right away!!!
    H20 Rocks!!!!
  • jdaniels52509
    Options
    When I'm drinking water its usually just plain water. But once I reach about 6 cups if just water I'll let myself have a glass of tea or juice with dinner. No soda, not even zero calorie.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I typically just drink water... 15-20 cups a day.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I drink all day...and only water. the only sweetner I drink is stevia. They do sell Stevia flavored drops for water.
  • ckerrcanchaser
    Options
    At dinner time or past dinner I will have more than 8 cups of water, I'm usually up to 11!! I try to just drink out of a water bottle I have and refill it. It's measured out so I know how many cups of water that's in it (about 3) and I drink at least 4 bottles of it a day.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Usually hit it by 5 pm... and don't count anything else other than my water...
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Normally I consume about 0.5 gallon of liquid per day: coffee, diet soda, crystal light. I dilute the soda and crystal light because they are so sweet in normal concentrations. (I consume less when these are diluted.)
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have never yet managed to achieve the recommended 8 glasses a day!! :ohwell: Partly because I just forget, partly because I find it kind of boring (although I enjoy it after exercise, or if I'm really thirsty) and partly because I just enjoy other drinks too much - tea, coffee, and low-cal soft drinks.

I'm sure I should make more of an effort, as it's obviously very good for you. Although when I was in my 20's (many years ago) I lost weight very successfully drinking mainly diet coke! But I suppose it's not only about weight loss.

I'm not even sure what crystal light is - will have to google it! :smile:
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    i only drink water and i hit about 5-7 bottles of poland spring by mindnight everyday
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    ahahah, good question, I drink so much water and green tea at work that I meet my daily intake by 4 PM.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I drink when I'm thirsty. I stop when I'm not. Hitting an arbitrary water amount is silly.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I used to not drink a lot of water, but when I started watching what I was eating, I decided to start cutting chemical sweeteners and crap out, too, so now it's plain water for me, but it has to be seriously cold, or I can't seem to get it down. I drink about a gallon a day most days, and I've usually gotten almost all of it in before the workday is over.
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    I usually reach my 8 cups by mid afternoon; earlier if I manage to exercise earlier in the day. I keep drinking water throughout the day (a new habit as I've been back at this weight loss endeavor for just a few weeks, but I'm surprised by how quickly this particular habit has stuck, especially since it didn't in the past) and don't add anything to it. It has replaced my main drink, which used to be multiple (really quite a horrifying amount; up to six) cans of diet coke every day. Now I limit myself to one diet soda a day and sip water pretty steadily throughout the day whether I'm working out or wasting time on the computer (like I am now XP). Lately I find myself falling mostly between 12 and 14 cups of water a day (though last night I crashed early and only got in 9).
  • forget01
    forget01 Posts: 3
    Options
    My sister-in-law intruduced cucumber water to me and it is great. Just cut up a cucumber and add it to a pitcher full of water, let it sit for about an hour and then drink. It taster very cool and fresh, I love it. But usually I drink my water plain and I drink water all day. My favorite thing at night is to fill up my 320z cup with ice cold water and drink it right before I go to bed.