A new mom looking for some Buddies!!

Options
kharg85
kharg85 Posts: 6 Member
My name is Krissy. I have a son who will be 1within a month. I really hoped that I would be back in shape by now but Im not. I used to be 250 lbs a few years ago but got my weight down to 155lbs and got pregnant. I gained 50lbs during my pregnancy and just havent gotten them off. I suffered from PPD for a while and I just didnt care about myself at all. Well, Im ready for a fresh start and Im looking for others to be a good influence...thanks MFP peeps

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    HI honey,

My son turned one in Feb 2012. I too am just now trying to shed the baby weight (plus my own too much weight from before I was pregnant). I am 5'0 and started at 187 lbs (now at 180 lbs). I would ultimately like to lost about 50 lbs but my first goal is 30 lbs.

Add me if you want to :)
  • Raquel1275
    Raquel1275 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi Krissy! I am where you have been with weight issues and I know how hard PPD is. I went through that to! Feel free to add me and I will do whatever I can show support! :)
  • bceagleace
    bceagleace Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi There! I'm a dad of two, and I can still relate!

Over a 10 year period or so, I packed on weight. In February, I started Power 90, and I'm 3 weeks away from completing P90X. I've lost 42 lbs so far! I have used MFP for the last 5 months. Proper nutrition and exercise really work!

Send me a buddy request on MFP and let's support each other!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You can add me : ) good luck!
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose the baby weight from 4 kids. I have 5. One is adopted so no weight gain from him ;) I love having mom or dad friends. It's hard to fit in exercise with little ones around.
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    girl, my child is 7 and I'm still trying to get the baby weight off! LOL! Feel free to add me! :)
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a 2 year old and an almost 3 month old and weight to lose from both. Feel free to add me!
  • kharg85
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm glad to see Im not the only one out there. I look forward to watching you all lose weight and joining in
  • beccaboo0713
    Options
    Hey! I have a 3 yo and a 1.5 year old! I am 4'11" and started at 164, 17 more pounds to go! I suffered from PPD too! It's tough, you can add me if you want :)
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    girl, my child is 7 and I'm still trying to get the baby weight off! LOL! Feel free to add me! :)

I was going to say the same thing, only my little one is 5 1/2.
  • kharg85
    Options
    I'm surprised to see a few of you suffered from PPD. It definantly can hinder weight loss. All I heard was how rare it is and how no one talks about it but I have met alot of people now. Thanks for letting me know Im not alone
  • msebby06
    msebby06 Posts: 2
    Options
    You can add me too if you'd like
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!! I have been there.. Would love to help motivate and support ya!