I think I need more fiber....

Options
2»

Replies

• cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    I drink pink lemonade metamucil before dinner. i do it about a half hour before, so the fiber kicks in and I end up not eating as much at dinnertime. also aids with the whole fiber issues.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Im in loooove with metimucil's Fiber Wafers!!!!!!! THEY ARE SO GOOD and taste just like cookies!! So i eat them when Im craving dessert after a meal and it helps with the fiber :) and makes u full!
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Raspberries have alot of fiber if I remember correctly 7 grams per cup . :drinker:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Warning: Fiber One bars are great and taste good too. Be aware that you will be able to clear the room later.... and I'm not just talking about running off the husband, I'm talking about being able to make the dog leave the room!! :noway: I only eat them for breakfast when I know I will have an evening alone. :blushing:

Oh my gosh, she's not lying. No one warned me and I ate 2 one day on the road traveling for work. Thank goodness I was in the car by myself! :laugh: :blushing: But meeting one-on-one with employees all that day was torture. I can usually handle one at a time though.

I just eat lots of fruits & veggies. I almost always get 25-30 grams/day.
  • jseward
    Options
    I eat a fiber one bar every day-it's like a candy bar but it's fiber!

Me too, in fact, the caramel one is my ultimate favorite...yum for my bum :laugh:
  • dartboarddiva
    dartboarddiva Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I eat a fiber one bar every day-it's like a candy bar but it's fiber!

Me too, in fact, the caramel one is my ultimate favorite...yum for my bum :laugh:

Yum for my bum -- haaaa!:laugh:
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Mushrooms
    Potato with skin
    Pumpkin, canned
    Peas -- black-eyed peas, green peas
    Peppers
    Rhubarb
    Spinach
    Sweet Potatoes

Highest Fiber Fruits
    Apples
    Avocado
    Bananas
    Berries -- Blueberies, Blackberries, Raspberries, etc.
    Dried Fruits -- Figs, Raisins, Apricots, Dates, etc.
    Guava
    Kiwi
    Orange
    Pears
    Prunes

Other High Fiber Foods
    Bran Cereals, 5-10 grams - All-Bran, Bran Buds, 100% Bran, Raisin Bran
    Bread, whole grain
    Beans, Lentils, Lima Beans
    Nuts -- Almonds, Brazil nuts, Peanuts, Walnuts, Cashews

Source: http://thyroid.about.com/od/loseweightsuccessfully/a/highfiber.htm
    Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva
  • greenstar1216
    Options
    I went to the store the other day and bought some flatbreads/wraps called Flat-out. I got the whole wheat ones. They taste great! You can roll up some veggies or tuna or make a pizza out of it! They are only 90 calories for a giant flat bread and it has 9 grams of fiber!! You're supposed to get 25-30 grams a day! Lentils are loaded with fiber too.