The best moment of my life!

Options
xYumzx
xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
My parents adopted 6 kids starting from the time I was 16 years old, I am now 1 of 11 siblings and I love everyone of them regardless of who gave birth to them. My one sister Christyn is 12 years old and very overweight, being that we arent biologically related, I didn't and still don't know what heath risk she can have. Id been really wanting to get my family to have a healthy lifestyle and be able to enjoy their lives, but I didnt see that happening. Even though I was eating clean and doing what I needed to for me I was kinda not pushing anyone else, because I was afraid to hurt feelings. Two weeks ago, with the help of my sister in law, we decided to take over the family... We came in like a big storm and caused havoc, and the results were awesome!

We have kept the family on amazing diet and we havent really changed what they eat we just changed their portions. Christyn was reluctant to work with us and always got bad food at school, well the 1st week had come and my sister hadn't lost any weight and she was upset about it, my mother on the other hand had lost 6LBS!!!

Today is the end of week 2 and I was sitting on the front porch with my mom, when my little sister came running out the door with the BIGGEST smile on her face... she yelled " I LOST 4 POUNDS!!!! ". I smiled and told her how proud of her I was and that It only gets better. I have never in my life felt so happy for someone as I am for my Mom and Sister for making this commitment to themselves. My mom weighs in tomorrow and im very excited to see her results.

Right now all they are doing is eating clean and right. And when things get better we will bring in the walks and exercise for them.. except my sister goes on the walks with me. I seriously want to cry as I am writing this because I am just so happy! I never thought I would be were I am today in my life change, but in all my hopes and dreams I never thought I would have my mother and sister along side of me doing it with me.

Just alittle story for all of you out there that wish you could help your family... Dont worry about hurting feelings, because in the long run I would rather that, then seeing the sadness on their face. Now all I see is smiles and big THANK YOUs because I stuck with them..

:happy:

Sorry for rambling Im just so damn HAPPY!

Replies

• Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Keep encouraging them .
  • kit_kat328
    kit_kat328 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing that you are helping not only yourself, but your family. Big thumbs up!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for your mom and sister. I am proud of you for helping push them in the right direction.
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. It's nice that your family is getting on board!
  • TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    You're my hero!!
  • Jenyphur
    Jenyphur Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story. Thank you so much for sharing.

I have had the similar effect on my daughter. She's 14 and a little bit overweight....not much at all but enough that she has gotten teased. 14 is a hard time for a teen girl.

Anyways, she has watched me put in hard work for the the past 8 weeks and she has now joined me. I didn't pressure her or say anything to her, it just kind of happened. I love it. :)
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    Amazing story. They are lucky to have you.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing work! You should be very proud. Just wait till you and your family hit your goals!!!! Pictures please. Lovely story, your a wonderful daughter and sister, be proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!