I THINK IM GONNA START STARIVING MYSELF

Options
i just want to be thin soo freakin bad and im not, i am soo tired of food being my weakness. i just want to cut it out all together. i think if i didnt get freakin headaches all the time i would do it. but really i think im gonna cut to a strictly protein diet consisting of chicken and tuna. and im gonna take some vitamins.

Replies

• natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i just want to be thin soo freakin bad and im not, i am soo tired of food being my weakness. i just want to cut it out all together. i think if i didnt get freakin headaches all the time i would do it. but really i think im gonna cut to a strictly protein diet consisting of chicken and tuna. and im gonna take some vitamins.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are incredibly frustrated. Don't go on pure protein and vitamins. It may seem like the quick fix answer, but long term, you will do sooooooooo much damage to your body. Thin doesn't mean healthy nor does it mean happy. I am not the thinest person and not the heaviest, but I am healthy. I have several friends who are "the perfect body" and they are still not happy. Are you doing weights for toning? Muscle helps a lot.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I read your post and remembered this topic.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12072-the-worst-diets-ever-diets-that-don-t-work

Cutting out alll of one type of food is not healthy, in your case carbs, your body does need the right kind of carbs.Rome was not built in a day. Sundays are the hardest for me b/c I am more weak on the weekends and then I reflect on choices I made on Sunday. Patience is not a word that has ever been in my vocabulary. Over the last 3 years I have been forced to learn it front and back. Monday is a new day, a clean slate. Hang in there lady!!!:flowerforyou:
  • dgweisblatt
    Options
    PLEASE don't go off the deep end! We're ALL in the same "I-can't-stand-being-heavy" boat together - that's why we're here! Be patient.

I've been struggling with weight my whole life. I've been up and down and back up again - a few times! When I started SERIOUSLY on this site (been on since September, but only seriously since November), I changed three things in my life:
    1) Track everything I eat on this site and really stick to the numbers.
    2) Cut out sugar and anything that has sugar in it (processed stuff - not natural stuff like fruit).
    3) Don't put any food in my mouth after dinner.

Since November, I've lost 30 pounds and it's staying off...so far. Keeping it off will be my biggest challenge, I know.

Here's my advice - for what it's worth...Try to eat a balanced diet of lean proteins (the chicken and tuna you mentioned sound like a fine start), plenty of fresh veggies (the more colors - the better) and fruits, whole grains (measure them carefully, but include them), and water! Also, move your body every day. You'll certainly see results! They may not be instantaneous, but they'll happen and they'll be for life!

I wish you much success in your journey to health!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    If you think you food is your weakness when you have to eat less of it, wait til you see how you feel on a no carb diet.

It makes you feel like you are literally going insane, and you feel frantic for carbohydrates, and LOTS of them. You feel dizzy and weak and like you may pass out. Forget about reading, writing, concentrating, being patient with your child, you wont be able to do it.
    Your brain (your actual physical brain as an organ) needs carbohydrates to function. Cutting out carbs is the equivalent of cutting the oxygen supply to your lungs; and expecting to be able to run.

Just some things to consider....
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    DONT DO IT!!! I did that so I could lose lots of weight to join the army. I ate a can of tuna, a can of green beans, and a can of slim fast a day for about 5 weeks. I lost a lot of weight, but I was incredibly weak in boot camp and just ended up gaining it all back plus some. If you cut out lots of calories you'll only put your metabolism into starvation mode and eventually it will be 100 times harder to lose weight. BELIEVE ME!!!!! That's where I am right now! It sucks because my metabolism had the speed of a slug and its my fault.

I completely understand you being frustrated and impatient. But try and learn how to do it the right way, read all you can and learn all you can. You will be so much better in the long run. If you starve yourself or just eat chicken and tuna you will put yourself in a vicious cycle that will be damn near impossible to escape.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!

All I can say is DON'T DO IT!! I have made that mistake in the past myself, when I was younger and it screwed me up for a long time. In fact, my 20's have pretty much been about yo-yo dieting. Getting very thin and small the unhealthy way and putting it back on. I am 33 now and have finally gotten smarter about it all.

I have struggled with my weight pretty much since I hit puberty! My body suddenly filled out and I didn't know how to handle it or how to change my eating habits, etc. I was one of those girls in middle school who had a significant chest already! It was horrible!! LOL!

I have tried all the "fast diet" things, including starving myself and taking diet pills, etc. (and I got down to be pretty small) And as of this past September, I weighed 270 lbs. Want to know why?? Because those quick fixes don't work for long term weight-loss.

Some things that happened from starving myself included looking gaunt and unhealthy AND no period for MONTHS. It scared the crap out of me because I wanted to be a mother. Now, several years later I am a mother of a 1 1/2 year old boy and want to have another baby. I cannot starve. My reproductive system won't allow it!

Anyway, something finally clicked last year. I was snoring a lot and had little energy and I avoided things with my son. I didn't want to go to the beach. I didn't want to get family pics done. And I just started to think that I wanted to enjoy life and food wasn't that important. So I am doing this! I have lost 77 lbs now. Down to 193 as of last Thursday.

Anyway, how much are you eating? Are you eating enough?? Are you drinking water? Are you exercising? I just want to know exactly what you are doing. From about 270-210 or so, I was eating around 1600-1700 (without exercise) and losing from 2-4 lbs a week. So, how much are you eating?

If you want to email me or want any help, I am happy to help!! Just don't hurt your body!!

Tami
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

((HUGS))
    I agree with the other posters, PLEASE don't do it!!!
    I've lost 22 pounds with the help of this siet in the past few months (i've been trying to loose the weight for almost 3yrs)
    What helped me was using the food journal and allowing myself sweets EVERY day!
    In the past I would 'diet' and cut out all unhealthy food
    This time, I have 1-2 sweet per day...2 blocks of dar chocolate, luna smores bar, or FiberOne bar..etc..
    It's really kept me on track and as long as I stayed withing my calorie range, I lost...

GOOD LUCKKKk!
    Kim
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Hey dont give up on slow and steady :flowerforyou:
    you'll get there.

Good luck:drinker:
    Mary:wink:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Though that might work initially it's not worth it - itt will only hurt you in the long run. I know from experience. Just stick with this. We are all here for you.:flowerforyou:
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Do not starve yourself. You may lose weight, but when you go back to eating you will gain pound upon pound, and then you'll be exactly where you started because your body will be in the worst kind of starvation mode. Believe me...I've been there and done that and all I got was this stinking 40 extra pounds. :explode:
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    I agree with everyone here. DON'T DO IT.
    And after reading these posts, if you are still planning on an all protein diet remeber this. My mother in law did an all protein diet and did loose weight, but when she went off the diet and started eating carbs again she gained 12 lbs in 2 weeks. I am not joking!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I can only echo what everyone else has stated.

There's no worse feeling then losing a lot of weight, only to gain it back (and more). Do it right, do it healthy. :flowerforyou:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    DONT starve yourself. Where will this lead you? To be temporarily happy on the outside but sad on the inside? Do you want to walk around tired all the time?? do you think that having a flat belly, thin limbs and maybe sagging skin will make you ultimately happy?

The reason SO MANY of us try and fail at losing weight is because we realize that we just can't be thin, we need to be healthy as well. FOR ME I have struggled so many times (even suceeding the right way) because I don't want to give up on my life. I want to be able to have my cake and eat it too but it seems like in todays society we can't have cake and be skinny which is NOT true.

If you want to get thin and stay that way for the rest of your life you need to start making the right choices NOW. I want to be skinny so bad (so so bad but obviously not bad enough to starve myself - again). I am fighting my own demons right now because I want to be able to eat this and that and not feel like I am giving into a life of deprivation.

if you remove this idea that you have to be skinny tomorrow and change to, I have to be healthy today, then I am positive in 6 months to a year you are going to see how amazing you look on the outside (body, skin, radiance) and how healthy you are on the inside.

I have emotional eating problems and I pretty healthy for an overweight person but its because I have those moments where I binge eat and it makes all my efforts the previous days pointless.

Just dont starve yourself. You wont be happy in the future if you do.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention - You are already beautiful. Don't risk your health to reach a goal a little more quickly.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    SLOW and STEADY. That is the way to lose weight. Just commit yourself to taking a walk every day, and monitoring your calories.

Next year, you will be so thin and sexy, you won't believe it! That's right, I said NEXT YEAR. What's a year in the grand scheme of your life? Be healthy. If you don't learn to be healthy, you won't keep the weight off.

We are here for you! Please don't do anything crazy!
  • TashaKnight
    TashaKnight Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh please DON'T do it.
    I am recovering from anorexia, and I can tell you it's SO painful trying to wake your metabolism back up and realizing that everybody's warnings are true- you put back on all the weight that you lost when you were crash dieting... almost immediately.
    So please take the time to breathe, calm down, look at the big picture. Many times when people get to the stage of being so desperate to lose weight that they decide to starve themselves, it means that they're actually very very upset about something else in their life. Is there anything (other than weight) that you're worried or anxious about? Tackle that problem and don't try to use starving yourself to fix everything. Starving yourself will create MORE problems, and even if it can cover up the hurt of the inital problems, it doesn't solve anything.
    You probably started this thread because you know deep down that crash dieting/starving yourself is a terrible idea. And perhaps you just needed that little push from everyone to keep you from going down the wrong path. You've reached a cross-roads. Please take the path which promises better things for you.
    Take it easy and take care of yourself.