30 Day Shred question

Options
How many days are you suppose to do each level?

Replies

• stretch12d
    stretch12d Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm doing mine in 10-day intervals... but MY question is whether people are doing the work out every day, every other day, a couple times a week....?? I had been doing it every day, but I've been having some knee pain, so took the day off today.
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    hi there it is defo every day x the point is its sharp quick results x i am loving it lol x:tongue:
  • Astephens1984
    Astephens1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I've heard 5 days a week with two weeks spent at each level. I do Couch to 5K 3 days a week, so I just do 30DS on my off days and usually try to give myself a day off from "exercise" (even though I'm active daily.) So I'm doing it 3 days a week.
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    I extended out the first section and the third because I couldn't stand the second level.
  • DonnaZee75
    Options
    I have done a few DVD programs before. Thinking about investing in this one. Is everyday too much? Will I get injured?
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i am a proper wuss and hate feeling pain lol but because i had read a lot on the dvd i was prepared for ir x the second and i hurt from my ankle to my neck but i got on with it and now i am on day 6 and addicted xx good luck x:tongue:
  • MicheleTh
    MicheleTh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did each level for 10 days. I also had some knee and foot pain, so the 30 days weren't consecutive. On days "off" I ran or did a P90X DVD. Some days I just took a break depending on how I felt.

I did get good results. Lost 7.5 inches total within a months time.

I am wondering where to go next...

Good luck.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I tried doing it everyday and ended up taking a day off on Day 4. I could hardly walk up stairs or sit on the toilet. :D I did read a comment by Jillian (wish I could find it) where she says that 30 Day was never intended as 30 days straight. It was the marketing people who made it seem that way. I think she said 5 days a week with rest days inbetween so your muscles can recover. If I find out where I saw it I will post a link. :)
  • Astephens1984
    Astephens1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks you everyone!!
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    I believe it is intended for 10 days at each level. I was getting way too bored doing level 1 every day so I started alternating level 1 and level 2 and now I'm alternating between all 3 levels. I also don't think it is good for your muscles to be worked the same way every day.

Like someone else mentioned I hate level 2 so I don't think I could have done 10 days straight of just level 2. It helps me to mix it all up.

Also I noticed for the first time today (probably because I was lying on the floor panting and dying instead of jumping up to turn off the dvd) that Jillian said "See you tomorrow" at the end of level 3. Not sure if she did that in all the others but it makes me believe she does intend for it to be every day.

Good luck!
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I do it for 3 days, take a rest day, and repeat. Doing it 5-6 days in a row is pretty discouraging for me.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    When i did it i would do each level for 10 days, in a row. I finished in 30 days. I do have to say i had to modify the jumping jacks, they killed my knees. After i changed that my knees were fine. Oh those jumping jacks! Was a super good work out and i sweat buckets. hmm maybe i'll have to do another 30.
  • imissbagels
    imissbagels Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When i did it i would do each level for 10 days, in a row. I finished in 30 days. I do have to say i had to modify the jumping jacks, they killed my knees. After i changed that my knees were fine. Oh those jumping jacks! Was a super good work out and i sweat buckets. hmm maybe i'll have to do another 30.

Did you lose the weight??
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I do it for 3 days, take a rest day, and repeat. Doing it 5-6 days in a row is pretty discouraging for me.

Going to be starting soon, why discouraging, please?
  • MissRemmers
    Options
    I just started today and it completely kicked my butt - but it felt great! I'm hoping to go everyday this week until Saturday when I have a friend visiting. If anyone else is just starting 30DS feel free to "friend" me so we can be miserable together!
  • 2012NSR
    2012NSR Posts: 51
    Options
    30DS is brilliant and I love it. Its hard work but you really do feel great and it works :)

I am on level 3 and have just finished day 2 this morning. I have completed from day 1 to now with out any breaks.
  • imissbagels
    Options
    30DS is brilliant and I love it. Its hard work but you really do feel great and it works :)

I am on level 3 and have just finished day 2 this morning. I have completed from day 1 to now with out any breaks.

Did you lose a lot?? how insane is Level 3??

PS good work!
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    they say 10 days each level some do less some more though...I just started and plan to do 5-6 days a week and just on level one day 5 today.....
  • imissbagels
    Options
    Yea I'm doing 5-6days on, 1 off. I think I'll do 2 weeks per level. Just cuz it takes so long to do the exercises right in the first place. I wanna be able to do them properly and speedy.