Hello all, is my diet healthy?

Options
Well hey y'all i'm a young teenage girl (5'4 and 55.3kg or 121Ib) hehe anyways i wanted to know what you's thought of my diet:)

Breakfast:
1/2 cup of fruit&nut muesli with 1/4 cup of no fat skim milk
Cup of vanilla rose tea with 1sugar and no fat skim milk

Recess (school):
1 golden kiwi fruit

Lunch:
1 Medium carrot cut into sticks with a tbs of lite Philadelphia cream cheese

Afternoon Tea:
Forme no fat yoghurt (dessert flavours)

Dinner
Rocket salad with 20g beetroot, sundried tomato flavoured tuna, and a teaspoon of mayonaise

That is about 388cal a day and I also on average do about 300 cal worth of excercise per day, so could someone tell me if this is good, and also i love peanut butter and honey and little pastry treats that i can make but i don't know how to incorporate this without all the added fats and sugars :\

Replies

• MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You are not eating anywhere near enough to stay healthy! Yes the food you have chosen to eat is good for you but you seriously need to consider upping your overall calorie intake which should be at least 1,200 calories a day if you are trying to lose weight but much much more going by your overall height and weight.

I'm suprised you have any energy to function let alone exercise.

If you eat this way daily you have an eating disorder or have been very poorly advised by someone else.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I agree with MissCheese. You are not providing your body the energy it needs to function.
    Have you considered seeing a nutritionist? That may be helpful.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I agree with MissCheese. You are not providing your body the energy it needs to function.
    Have you considered seeing a nutritionist? That may be helpful.

Agreed. You need to eat at least 1,200 calories a day to function. Otherwise, your body will retaliate. I also would suggest seeing a nutritionist.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm suprised you are still alive. 388 cal a day? I think this is a spam post.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Her profile says she is dealing with anorexia, so it might not be spam.

To OP: You need to be with a doctor/dietician figuring out a healthy diet for you. You cannot survive off of 400 calories a day.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Only eating 388 cals a day is an eating disorder. Please seek professional help. A dietician is someone to go to for help in this case in planning a healthy diet, not an internet forum.
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Her profile says she is dealing with anorexia, so it might not be spam.

To OP: You need to be with a doctor/dietician figuring out a healthy diet for you. You cannot survive off of 400 calories a day.

This times a million...

Sweet heart, You are eating less than my pets at home! 1200 cal per day is a minimum... If you are really dealing with anorexia, you must, must, must consult a Doctor before dieting. I do not know how long you have been eating that little, but i can tell you that you can not do it for very long. You have chosen good food to eat, just no enough of it. Please see a doctor.

Also,

If this is spam, may you burn.

That is all.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    is your diet healthy? No. You are killing yourself.

Please research your BMR. That is the barest minimum you need in order to have your organs function. No one has a BMR at 388 cals. Organ failure is not attractive, honey. It really isn't. I hope you find a way to be healthy and love your body and nurture it with the sustenance it needs.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Totally UNhealthy. Yeah, what you're eating is good for you, but you need to eat that times 4 and add some MEAT to that. Question...how is it that you are 19 and have "Recess"??? That makes it seem SPAMish.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Totally UNhealthy. Yeah, what you're eating is good for you, but you need to eat that times 4 and add some MEAT to that. Question...how is it that you are 19 and have "Recess"??? That makes it seem SPAMish.

she isn't telling the truth when she says she is 19. She is underage, but since you can't be underage on MFP, she just said she was 19.

Also, you don't have to eat meat to be healthy. She is a vegetarian, as am I.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    er noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo its defo not, if you want to end up with a serious problem it is.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options

she isn't telling the truth when she says she is 19. She is underage, but since you can't be underage on MFP, she just said she was 19.

Also, you don't have to eat meat to be healthy. She is a vegetarian, as am I.

18 is an acceptable age on MFP, isn't it? I would be more inclined to believe of an 18y/o having recess (as she could be a senior in high school). Guess she could have failed some and is a 19 y/o in H.S.

...and yeah, I'm aware you don't HAVE to eat meat to be healthy. I was just making a personal suggestion, as I DO eat meat. THANKS! :)

ETA: I missed the part where it stated she was a vegetarian, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it.
  • benzie314
    benzie314 Posts: 12
    Options
    recess? i havent had that since 5th grade
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) No pro-anorexia or pro-bulimia posts, groups, profile names, or profile bylines. Photos intended to promote or glamorize extreme thinness are also not permitted.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.