Looking for biker friends....

Options
My main mode of exercise is biking, and it seems nearly impossible to find people to talk about it with. I know they are out there.... So please, if you ride a bicycle, add me!

I'm not anti-bikers in the motorcyclist sense.... You can add me too as long as you promise to not look at me like I'm nuts when I give you the little bike wave signal while pedaling away. Don't be so prejudicial! I have two wheels, you have two wheels, people in cars don't see us..... We are in this together.
:happy:

Replies

• Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm on my bike everyday, from 20 to 90 minutes... :P It really helped me lose weight.
  • hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    I have a stationary bike for inclement weather, and I do ride the other type of two wheeler, feel free to add me.
  • coachtruder
    coachtruder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me. :) I am training for the MS 150 Best Dam Bike Ride again this year. I don't do a lot of 'hard core' biking as I also am a Zumba instructor and just got certified in RIPPED so the teaching and learning of new stuff keeps me pretty busy. I am also a motorcycle rider too...so you have both if you add me. :)
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    LOL..you just made my day. LOL I am not a professional cyclist. I do however, get my butt on my mountain bike, plug my head phones in and love to Ride. We just moved up on the mountain side so my fun rides are extremely difficult to say the least now. HAHA.

but, I do love to ride... I think its the most relaxing thing for me. I can shut my mind off listen to some music and look at some great mountain views.
  • lungti29
    lungti29 Posts: 28
    Options
    ADD ME!!! I've been looking for bike friends too! I started bike commuting to work last week and am really excited about the impending health benefits as a result!! Are you road biking or mountain biking?
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to the cycling group. A great bunch of people there. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/361-bicycling-road-and-mountain

There is also a group for Chicks Who Ride Bikes.

Happy pedaling to you!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Biker here :) I used to use it to commute to work, about 7 miles each way :()
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've just started riding my bike to work today! New to biking and looking for tips and pointers. Also, I have a motorcycle! I will give you the bike wave if I see you, LOL! :happy:
  • bethie624
    bethie624 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been riding my bike daily for exercise! Feel free to add me as a friend

I'll have to go check out the biking groups mentioned above!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi...

I generally ride 20 to 30 miles at a time with the occasional metric century of 65. I love my bike.
    The pic is when I hit my goal of 400 miles for the month of August last year.
  • mamnboston
    mamnboston Posts: 81
    Options
    Just got into mountain biking, so you can add me
  • jaimibeth14
    Options
    Hey!
    I love cycling! I ride normally 20 miles on an average day! Rode my first metric century a couple weekends ago! This weekend I have planned to ride a century In east prarie, MO! I don't know if I will make it but I am going to try!! Feel free to add me! I love cycling, so does my entire family!
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have not started biking this year because of an injury, but in another month or so I should be good to go.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Huge cycling fan. Training for RAGBRAI (bike ride across Iowa) next month. Trying to log at least 100 to 200 miles a week. Goal is 4000 miles this year and I am over half way there. I too have lost most of my weight over the past few years through cycling.

You might want to consider joining the century cycling group where we have teams and log our miles:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3764-century-plus-cycling

feel free to add me.
  • lahstrand
    lahstrand Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I bike commute to work. People seem to think it is crazy, but I find it one of the best ways to get in my cardio. I hook up my burley and haul my 3 year old daughter to daycare. We sing songs and look for birds and bunnies for 2 miles, then I drop off the burley at day care and ride 2 more miles to work. So it is 8 miles round trip. It also has made my daughter the coolest kid in school. Every day all the preschoolers ask if they can come with us and if they can wear her helmet :)

Benefits:
    time with my daughter
    cardio
    saves gas and money
    environmentally friendly

Big win win!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I bike commute to work. People seem to think it is crazy, but I find it one of the best ways to get in my cardio. I hook up my burley and haul my 3 year old daughter to daycare. We sing songs and look for birds and bunnies for 2 miles, then I drop off the burley at day care and ride 2 more miles to work. So it is 8 miles round trip. It also has made my daughter the coolest kid in school. Every day all the preschoolers ask if they can come with us and if they can wear her helmet :)

Benefits:
    time with my daughter
    cardio
    saves gas and money
    environmentally friendly

Big win win!

This is awesome! My work is 15 miles 1 way. LOL. i would love to ride to my daycare with the kids. its just to far for us.. Keep it up
  • eksb
    eksb Posts: 93
    Options
    My bike is my form of transportation. It is great to get exercise while still being productive and just going where I need to go!
  • ndetmer
    ndetmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Getting into riding the 16 miles into work now at least 3 times a week. An awesome trip along the South Platte River here in Denver. Just hope I can stay motivated when 100 degF outside or when the smoke from all the fires blows into town.
  • gavintri
    gavintri Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Same Here. I live off my bike through the summer and am always accepting bikebuddies:smile: