New and Determined

akylios
akylios Posts: 73 Member
Hello all, my name is John, and im sick of being big again! At one point I weighed 300+ pounds, and over a couple years I managed to get down to 190. But a couple failed relationships and a ton of icecream later, here I am at 250 again. Id post a pic to show the fluctuations but I cant seem to figure out how, hah.

Anyways, I've been going to the gym every day for the last few weeks and I've lost about 7 pounds. Im super motivated for the first time in my life, but I figured having some friends online might help keep me that way. Any takers? :smile:

Replies

• penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    you can add me if you like. Been there for sure - started my journey at a higher weight than yours several years ago.., arthritis became so bad was in a walker and wheelchair for a few months... The Y saved my life - water aerobics and swimming brought be down to under 200 and I'm working on the last 45 here. and loving it! Its doable for sure
  • akylios
    Thanks! Yea, I hear swimming is great for cardio. Ive been trying to self teach myself, but I cant seem to get my freestyle breathing technique down. So all I do is the backstroke, pretty poorly I might add, hah
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Nice job on the 7 pounds brother! feel free to add me.
  • hi john im new to! but instead of counting calories have decided to do the atkins diet!!!! all good if you like protein lol!!! i think this is a brilliant way to talk to other food lovers!!!!!! have struggled with weight all my life and am totally fed up !! only seem to have skinny friends why cant they get fatter ha ha ha !!! well good luck !!!!:happy:
  • tdm2592
    tdm2592 Posts: 30
    Always happy to be friends with motivated people..feel free to add me.

Todd
  • akylios
    Thanks everyone :happy:
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,648 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm actually right at the same weight, too. I'm always happy to lend support and encouragement where it's needed. Congrats on the 7 lbs so far! :flowerforyou:
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    feel free to add me! I have been here about a month and a half and enjoying it so far. You can get some much needed support from friends and it is a great way to log.

Sounds like you have made a great start! Good luck!
  • akylios
    Thanks sazzy and jlinan

think I figured out how to post an image. Im gonna cross my fingers

compilation.jpg
  • akylios
    noooo!! its crops out the last image. Oh well