Hit Plateau....Finding it hard to keep going!!

Options
So, I have been using MFP since January and have had good success in my opinion. I feel much better and I definately look much better. Heck, I even had to buy a size smaller pants....again. The problem is that I have been on a plateu for almost 1 month and I am not sure how to move off of it. I have tried to switch my diet up and my exercise routine, but nothing seems to work. I am now finding myself wondering....why?? Then I have to try to tell my mind to shut the hell up. Some days I find it hard to watch what I eat and get the motivation to do my workout. I have only experienced this a couple times so far, but lately, the last few weeks have been the hardest. My husband and I are currently trying for our 4th baby and I really want to drop a few more pounds b/f they start coming on again so I can be a little more healthier this time around. I know lots of people post about this same topic, but I guess I feel better having others who have the same problem read it so I don't feel so alone......argh!!:indifferent:

Replies

• jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    can't see your journal but I would guess that you need to readjust your calories...now that you weight less, you don't need as many.
  • sla456
    sla456 Posts: 21
    Options
    Don't know how to help you, I am in the exact same boat. It's a struggle every day to stay on the right track! Just have to keep picturing the picture in the long run and think of the goals you want to achieve. Good Luck!
  • LRuland
    LRuland Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have researched online about BMR & calories. a good website is Fat to Fit radio.com. Use the BMR calculator & see what they put as what calories need to be consumed to reach your goal weight. On the right hand side there are audio clips & one of them is about breaking plateaus.I have listened to some things about plateau's & what to do. They say to either change up your exercise routine or up your calorie intake (bcs your body may be in starvation mode). I don't lose anything for weeks. I now only will weigh myself every 3-4 weeks bcs it doesn't budge otherwise.