Eat those calories! Eat those calories!!! RAH RAH RAH!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Yes, I peeked at my scale again, even though I am supposed to be avoiding it. I wanted to make sure the changes I have been making are helping just so I would know whether or not to change things even more.

Anyway, I got on today and was down to 189! I thought there was an error, so I got off then on then off then on....and it stayed at 189, which means I am down 4 lbs from last week!!

I have been eating MORE on the days I work out, trying to get enough net calories in because I was unintentionally starving on workout days because I was burning like 700 calories and still only consuming 1500. Now, I try to get in at least 1800 on the days I burn that much and on the days I don't work out, I have been eating around 1450ish. I did up the notch on the elliptical at the gym too, which may have helped.

Anyway, if that isn't proof that eating SOME of your exercise calories is GREAT, then I don't know what is. March and April were bad months for me and I didn't know why. Now I know it was because I was really pushing myself at the gym more than ever and not eating enough to fuel my active body.

I know I won't have a loss like this every week but something just hit me...and I have realized that if you stick with this and figure out what is right for YOUR body, then some weeks might not be great and some might be better, but it all seems to even out in the end.

81 lbs gone since September 6!!!! 81 FRIGGIN POUNDS!!!!! WOWW!! 54 to go for my original goal of 135! :)

Good luck all!!

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Yes, I peeked at my scale again, even though I am supposed to be avoiding it. I wanted to make sure the changes I have been making are helping just so I would know whether or not to change things even more.

Anyway, I got on today and was down to 189! I thought there was an error, so I got off then on then off then on....and it stayed at 189, which means I am down 4 lbs from last week!!

I have been eating MORE on the days I work out, trying to get enough net calories in because I was unintentionally starving on workout days because I was burning like 700 calories and still only consuming 1500. Now, I try to get in at least 1800 on the days I burn that much and on the days I don't work out, I have been eating around 1450ish. I did up the notch on the elliptical at the gym too, which may have helped.

Anyway, if that isn't proof that eating SOME of your exercise calories is GREAT, then I don't know what is. March and April were bad months for me and I didn't know why. Now I know it was because I was really pushing myself at the gym more than ever and not eating enough to fuel my active body.

I know I won't have a loss like this every week but something just hit me...and I have realized that if you stick with this and figure out what is right for YOUR body, then some weeks might not be great and some might be better, but it all seems to even out in the end.

81 lbs gone since September 6!!!! 81 FRIGGIN POUNDS!!!!! WOWW!! 54 to go for my original goal of 135! :)

Good luck all!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    GREAT!! Wonderful job! I've found, too, that I tend to stay at the same weight for 3-4 days and then will drop 2-3 pounds over course of 2-3 days, so weight lost--for me anyway--isn't something that's "steady" but more that my exercise catches up with my body at some point during the week!
  • dejones
    dejones Posts: 41
    Options
    Congradulations:wink: Keep up the good work
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    81 pounds?!?!?!? That's wonderful! You are a true inspiration!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Kudos :drinker: That rocks!

zen :happy:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    that's AMAZING! Keep it up! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have lost 10 lbs a month on average!

I lost 10 lbs from April 1st to May 1st (today). If only I could keep up 10 lbs a month, that would be awesome!

We are so proud of you! Do you feel really different? What clothes size have you changed to??

:flowerforyou:
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    wow! that's fantastic! It's like you lost a small child... lol. Great work, keep it up girl! you will reach your goal weight in no time and feel amazing for all the hard work you've put into it!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - that is truly amazing! :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

YAY!!!!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    81 pounds is A-MAZ-ING!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Great going!!! :smile:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful!!! Now you know that you can obtain the rest of your goal because you have come so far already. great job.:drinker:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Soooo awesome!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Wow 81 pounds!!! Way to go!! I know you're thrilled to pieces about that. :happy: Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • amysol
    amysol Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    And I just posted a message asking if I am supposed to consume the calories that I burn and apparently the answer is
  • amysol
    Options
    And I just posted a message asking if I am supposed to consume the calories that I burn and apparently the answer is
  • amysol
    Options
    And I just posted a message asking if I am supposed to consume the calories that I burn and apparently the answer is YES YES YES! Thank you for your message, congratulations on your success! You are a real inspiration! Bet you never thought you would be inspiring others did you???? LOL :-)
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    WOW!

That's an incredible accomplishment. :glasses:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I am on cloud 9 today. I just could not believe it. I was hoping for maybe 191....but to see 189 blew my mind!

I just really need to keep in mind that I am doing the right thing for my body. I am focused and not even tempted to cheat. I enjoy healthier and nutritious foods and make my 'treat" something that is included into my plan anyway. I just need to stay focused and positive even when the scale isn't my friend, which we all know happens a lot too!!

Good luck everyone!! Just keep on going!

Tami
  • TamTastic
    Options
    And I just posted a message asking if I am supposed to consume the calories that I burn and apparently the answer is YES YES YES! Thank you for your message, congratulations on your success! You are a real inspiration! Bet you never thought you would be inspiring others did you???? LOL :-)

Yes! On the days you workout, definitely eat some of those calories. Just make sure the calorie count is accurate. What I have been doing lately is when I get on the elliptical, I enter in a weight several pounds below my actual weight and then I deduct like 10-15% off of the final number and have that be my calories burned. I feel like it is a pretty accurate number then. So, when the reading is like 850, I lower it to 700. I don't eat all of the calories but have been eating around 400 of them. It's great!!! Added incentive to workout!! HAHA!

I am so happy that I inspire others especially because I know what a daunting thing it seems to lose a lot of weight. I honestly thought it almost impossible to even get below 200 lbs when I started at 270! I just took it a week at a time and stayed focused and kept thinking of the end result. All the smaller, healthy losses add up much faster than you think they will. :happy: