Showing Off

Options

Replies

• FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I won't go out of my way to show off to haters, but if they are around then so be it. I am sure that they will find other ways to hate.

That is so true and why I am doing this for ME not them, if me looking great, feeling great, and doing well makes them look for more reasons to belittle me that just means I am doing a good job.I am experiencing this already and I am still a ways from my goal. People will ALWAYS find something!
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think the more I lose my reasons start to change also :)

My highest weight was 264 and I have lost over 76 pounds so far. In the last year I have lost almost 50 Lbs. When I first started it was for wayyyyy different reasons etc. But last week I spent some time with my mom (shes 69 years old and weights 250ish) I sat in the medical office with her and realized how much of an impact weight has on her body such as back/knee/diebeties/eye problems/high blood presure and many other weight related issues. It was a real EYE OPENER! I never put much thought into weight/health issues she has.

The fact that my mom was the ONLY person in my life who told me when I was 264 pounds you need to lose weight because you dont want to end up in the boat I am. I now feel that my reasons are more for example to her and my husbands side of the family who are all morbitly obese that it is possible to lose weight :)!

So to answer the question I dont think its for showing off I think its more for being an example (as tacky as that sounds lol) that weight loss can happen if you continue at it! The last year of my life I have been very public with my weight loss struggles w/family and most of them know that I have had many trials/health issues to overcome. I just hope that I can lead by example and maybe be an example for them!
  • LindseyRoot
    Options
    as dumb as it might sound...i just want to wear a sexy halloween costume lol. i am the girl who goes as "thing 1" or "a bunch of grapes"...litterally..i have pics to prove this. but this halloween, I AM SHOWING SOME SKIN!!
  • adr810
    adr810 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have a "friend" (I guess you could call her that)...that has always tried to compete with me. I'm not a competitive person so I have never fought back until now! :laugh: We have done everything at about the same time to include engagement, marriage and now babies! When I went to her home to visit her newborn son she was so mean to me since I hadn't lost any weight after having my son! :grumble: I've pretty much ended the friendship don't need negative people in my life but I hope one day to run into her when I have lost all my weight! Just like everyone else I am doing this for ME and only ME but I can't wait to show off all my hard work! :wink:
  • bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    as dumb as it might sound...i just want to wear a sexy halloween costume lol. i am the girl who goes as "thing 1" or "a bunch of grapes"...litterally..i have pics to prove this. but this halloween, I AM SHOWING SOME SKIN!!

Ditto, love this!
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't want to show off but, prove to my young daughter that through hard work and dedication amazing things can be accomplished even loosing a hundred pounds and completely changing your eating habits and it's more important to live your life healthy then eating half of a Pepperidge Farm Coconut Cake!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I just wonder if I'll still be invisible when I'm down where I want to be.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I just wonder if I'll still be invisible when I'm down where I want to be.

I once felt that way, I don't anymore but I knew where you are coming from :(
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I have a "friend" (I guess you could call her that)...that has always tried to compete with me. I'm not a competitive person so I have never fought back until now! :laugh: We have done everything at about the same time to include engagement, marriage and now babies! When I went to her home to visit her newborn son she was so mean to me since I hadn't lost any weight after having my son! :grumble: I've pretty much ended the friendship don't need negative people in my life but I hope one day to run into her when I have lost all my weight! Just like everyone else I am doing this for ME and only ME but I can't wait to show off all my hard work! :wink:

Dang, I would agree with you DUMP the negativity...that is so not friendship! Keep going it will all come off :)
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    It might be petty, but I think you are entitled!! Hmmmm, I think I'd like to see people I haven't seen in a long time. Not to show off, but to feel good about myself when I see them.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I want to show off for my husband - and not because he has ever been mean or unsupportive. I just think its time he had a hot wife again :)

^^^^this!
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If these people are so petty, then don't you realize they'll see you trying to prove your worth to them by how you look?

And what makes you think these creeps will acknowledge your success?

You're setting yourself up to be hurt again.

You matter, only your opinion on yourself should matter.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    A few a-holes at work. But mostly my stepmom who has always made snide comments about how much I weigh. Haha.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Great post! I know exactly what you mean.
  • mamasmaltz3
    Options
    :smile: Great!
    I think the more I lose my reasons start to change also :)

My highest weight was 264 and I have lost over 76 pounds so far. In the last year I have lost almost 50 Lbs. When I first started it was for wayyyyy different reasons etc. But last week I spent some time with my mom (shes 69 years old and weights 250ish) I sat in the medical office with her and realized how much of an impact weight has on her body such as back/knee/diebeties/eye problems/high blood presure and many other weight related issues. It was a real EYE OPENER! I never put much thought into weight/health issues she has.

The fact that my mom was the ONLY person in my life who told me when I was 264 pounds you need to lose weight because you dont want to end up in the boat I am. I now feel that my reasons are more for example to her and my husbands side of the family who are all morbitly obese that it is possible to lose weight :)!

So to answer the question I dont think its for showing off I think its more for being an example (as tacky as that sounds lol) that weight loss can happen if you continue at it! The last year of my life I have been very public with my weight loss struggles w/family and most of them know that I have had many trials/health issues to overcome. I just hope that I can lead by example and maybe be an example for them!
  • stratusofkiser
    stratusofkiser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Everyone who has told me I cant do it!!!
  • Aurora76
    Aurora76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for myself first. I want to be HOT! Second, I'm doing it so my family can see what a successful weight loss story looks like in person. Third, I'm doing it for my husband. He has been really supportive besides he said he would give me a shopping spree at goal weight.
    Also I have an ex friend who told me I wasn't allowed to lose weight because I would be too skinny. She said I shouldn't be less than 220 because I would look like I have an eating disorder. Being 220 would still put me 30-40 pounds overweight. Some people just want to bring you down.

I say show off!!
  • mamasmaltz3
    Options
    I can't wait for my yearly physical. Can't believe I am looking forward to steeping on a scale!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If these people are so petty, then don't you realize they'll see you trying to prove your worth to them by how you look?

And what makes you think these creeps will acknowledge your success?

You're setting yourself up to be hurt again.

You matter, only your opinion on yourself should matter.

This is beautiful...and I agree. Although it DOES look as though there will a whole slew of victoria's secret angels out and about on Halloween this year! :wink:
    I am trying to be a great role model for my little girl...:heart::heart: :heart:
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am doing it first and foremost for myself and secondly for my daughter and husband. But hell ya I can't wait to show it off to my cousins! We have had a falling out over the last two years and they are the type of people who thrive at building themselves up by cutting others down. As a child, even though I looked up to them and saw them as the sisters I never had, they mocked me and laughed at me because I was not built the same as them. I have a very fond memory of being probably 8 or 9 and sitting in my grandma's living room. They asked me if I knew what obese meant and proceeded to laugh and they even had my brother laughing too (he was 4). I was curious about what was so funny and my cousin threw a dictionary at me and I looked it up. I was so hurt and I was hysterical and locked myself in the bathroom and screamed that my grandma call my mom and have her come from work to pick me up. I cried all the way home and refused to eat for several days. It was awful. They funny thing was I wasn't even overweight. I just wasn't built like them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!