What's your favorite exercise program?

Options
I'm currently doing Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred. I'm still on level one, and I'm already nearing my 30 day completion. I haven't moved on to level 2, because I can't fully do everything on level 1 like I want to yet. But I figure, after finishing the first thirty days, I want to try something new. And then maybe go back to the 30DS. My starting weight was 292, currently I'm 263 and I'm 5'6. With that being said, I need something that will have good results, fun, but not too hard on the knees. All the jumping in 30DS really gets my knees :(

Replies

• jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Had the same trouble with my knees during the 30DS, bought a mini trampoline and I use it for all the cardio parts, it really helped. I love all of JM's DVD's. I also like turbo jam.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 with added dips.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Skinny B*tch
    I have their regular work out DVD and their Boot Camp.

I just got T-Tipp and I am liking it so far, but I have only done one day.
  • karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Insanity and Turbo Fire. I also have problems with my knees and did the same thing jeyko did. I bought a mini trampoline and use it for any high impact parts of any videos I do. It really helps...my knees thank me every day. :)
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam and any Biggest Loser workout is awesome! I have bad knees and still manage to do these! The good thing about Jam and Fire is that there is a low intensity option that really helps until you feel like you can do the really intense one.
  • Drevious
    Drevious Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Physique 57 Fully Body Workout!!!! better than Ms. Michaels, better than running for 2 hrs, better than...well, anything that I've ever tried!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I really love Zumba
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have always loved "The Firm" series.
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    mine is zumba dvd , not keen on the wii 2 one . and just dance, dance coach on the wii is great i love dancing so this suits me , i have ra so cant do weights jumping running etc , swimming is good but not been for years lol , do what u enjoy i say or u wont last doing it and will get bored ha :drinker:
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can try latin ballroom dance cd's you move very fast something like zumba and you burn a boatload of calories, you are also gaining a skill that could be used with a significant other. Try it out, your hips will thank you!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My favorites are ChaLEAN Extreme & Turbo Jam. I have done 30DS in the past and got results but it is definitely tough on the knees and I got bored with doing the same workout over and over. I like CLX & TJ because there are so many different workouts.
  • chellebubblz
    chellebubblz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam, Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Boot Camp level 1 are both amazing.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv has a lot of great at home workouts. Free and wide variety I love it!
  • Arsinoe87
    Arsinoe87 Posts: 16
    Options
    Leslie sansone walk at home dvds
    Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the oldies dvds
    Jillian Michael's dvds.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    This

Treadmill-scooter-haters.gif
  • amandagaines_05
    amandagaines_05 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm looking into all these on Youtube. I think I'm going to start Leslie Sansone walk at home today.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    #1 - Triathlon
    #2 - any of the compound lift programs (stronglifts, starting strength, etc).
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90 (the original, not X) right now, and I really like it, MUCH better than 30DS, which was SO hard on my knees. (I liked the idea of it, but my knees hated me, and I had to stop.)

I also really enjoyed Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 3-mile walk with weights. Not too hard on the knees, and the weights add some oomph so it felt like a much better workout.