nearly 350lb and need to lose it

Options
hi my name is maryann i am weighing in at 347lb hav been big most of my life not to this size but always struggled i am desperate to get this weight off i have five girls to live for and if i dont get this off im scarred i wont be here for them i have just joined the local gym am aimimg for 4 trips a week have been going for 2weeks just started my 3rd have been 3 times awk so far for 1 1/2 hrs each visit but in 2 weeks i only lost 2.5lbs and was very disheartened but up and onwards hoping this site might help me keep at it and get some good tips and maybe recipes as food is starting to get a bit boring

Replies

• kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is definitely great for getting tips, motivation, and support!! I wish you the best of luck as you start your weight loss journey!!
  • mumoffivejs
    Options
    thanks
  • Dark_amethyst
    Dark_amethyst Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't just rely on the weight lost. Take measurements. I've lost inches before and no weight. Also see what's becoming easier. Thats a good sign even if no weight was lost. When I went to the gym I started walking a mile in 32 min then a month later I was doing it in 16 min. Best of luck and don't be discouraged about the weight. Look for other signs that you are getting healthier!
  • juliekat1955
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to MFP! I love this site. Keep a journal of all that you eat, everyday. Exercise as often as you can and eat well-the weight will come off. It's never as fast as it can be gained but it will come off. I like to set small goals, that way it doesn't take a year to meet one. Good luck! :smile:
  • marisposa
    marisposa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wecome you can do it :)
  • jdk8982
    jdk8982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new on this website but have seen great success through the same concept of journaling your food intake and monitoring the input/output. It has worked for me when I choose to be faithful so keep your chin up and you will be a success!!! I'm aiming to lose over 100lbs if you are looking for a weightloss buddy... friend me cause I'm new at this website and not sure how to. if you would like.. either way good luck and God bless!!!
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I started at a similar weight back in January and I've lost 65 pounds. It's amazing to discover how many calories you consume when you take the time to write it down. I have to admit that I've become a bit obsessed with food but it's because for me, I know that if I don't plan ahead, I'll end up ordering pizza and it will spiral out of control. It has gotten a lot better as the weight is coming off though because I'm becoming more comfortable with the concepts of portion control, label reading, and water... more water... and yet again more water. :)

I've yo-yo dieted all my life and it really is all in your mind. I finally told myself that this is MY time... and it is.

You can do this too! Put your mind to it and you can accomplish anything! Read the posts and you'll find amazing stories of success, heartache, and even a feeling of failure. But it the end, everyone here wants it and they want it bad and those of us who are willing to put in the time it takes to change our lives have and will continue to reach our goals! You just need to tell yourself that you ARE going to be one of those people! :)

*Dang typos* :)

Congrats on taking the first step!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    good luck! don't get discouraged, you can do it.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    I started at 350 almost 1 year ago and have lost nearly 90 lbs. it's a lot of work but you can do it !!!!