5Ft 3inch Ladies Question

Options
Hi all

have seen some great results - just wondering how long it took any of you to lose approx. 30 lbs ?

Any tips / motivation?????

Thanks

Replies

• cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I've lost 31 lbs in a little under 6 months. I'm 5' 3", too, and I've been busting my *kitten*. I'm down from a 16/18 to a 12/14.
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm almost there, I have about 2 more pounds before I hit that big 3-0 mark. I had lots of slips ups along the way, but the number had been steadily moving down since January. Some people might be faster, but I've noticed with me that slow is best. If I try to change what I eat, hoe often I go out to eat, and the amount of exercise at once, I tend to burn out quickly. So I try to focus on one thing every couple of weeks. Its a work in progress.
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    took me 8 months to lose 30. I am since down over 40
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    9-10 months. A year to lose 35. Slooooooooooow, but that's how it goes for me.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    I'm 5'2, but It took me about 7 months (I lost 10 before I got on MFP)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and haven't hit the 30# mark yet. I *think* I will be able to do it in 7-8 months. It took me 3 months to lose 7 pounds...I changed my diet, and lost another 10 pounds in about 6 weeks. I assume that I can lose 13 more pounds in about 10 weeks or so...
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3. It took me two months exactly to lose 26.2 pounds, so not quite 30 yet but close.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    It took me about 3 months to lose my first 30lbs. I'm hoping for the last 30 to come off quickly but not happening so fast. I dropped my calories down far the first few months and did a lot of exercise, drank a lot of water. I still drink a lot of water and do exercise but I've adjusted my calories and have slowed down on the exercise a bit so I can let my body recover.

Edit to say; my motivation is my family and to prove someone wrong that told me I was a quitter at heart.

Don't have any tips, but I suggest doing lots of research and try not to buy into things that sound too good to be true.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i lost 40 pounds in 6 months last time.
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I want to say around 6 months give or take.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm 5'4". I started at 171 and lost 43 pounds in 7 months. Track calories, eat your exercise calories and get moving. I started slowly with walking, then run/walking, then moved onto Jillian Michaels videos, specifically the 30 Day Shred then Ripped in 30 and 6 week 6 pack.
    You can do this. Just remember, it's not a race and perfection is impossible with BBQ season and wedding season around the corner.
    Good luck!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 30 pounds in about 5-6 months....down now to 71 pounds loss thus far and I have about 15-20 more to go.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It took about 4 months to lose 30 lbs, 8 mos to lose 71 lbs and I am pushing for 100 lbs by mid Oct. - that will be a year for me. I then hope to drop another 50 lbs by next May and then reach my final goal in by October 2013.

I started real slow but once I started seeing the results, determination set in and I customized MFP goals to suit better for me.
    At the beginning I used their goal standards; I then read Dr. Joe's book to permanent weight loss, and decided to change the goals and I have continued to do so over the last six months.

Good Luck!
  • purprincess33
    purprincess33 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! Ive been dieting and exercising since January! Im 5ft3 started at 193 down to 149lbs. My waist is
    31inches, Im trying to get into my mom's wedding dress for October. Dress is a size 9. ive already tried it on twice. I know im defiantly getting close. I dont want to try it on again and get disappointed so im waiting till I drop another 10lbs at least.
    Lades that are 5ft3 do you know what my weight goal should be to wear a size 9 dress? My mom is no longer with us, she past of cancer so I want to wear her dress to honer her memory. Thanks for any help.
  • xojessieannexo
    xojessieannexo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    it took me 3 months to lose 30 lbs or so.. im back on it again to try and lose more now :)
  • mezzy11
    mezzy11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi there. It took me just under 6 months to lose 38 lbs. I'm on MFP every day for encouragement & support and log EVERYTHING in my diary-the good & bad. I still have treats like chips, chocolate & pizza, but since joining the gym my metabolism has improved so much that I still lose. Need to lose 26 more.
  • jonesygetshealthy
    jonesygetshealthy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    took me about 6 months to lose 30lbs, which came off fast (from 195 to 165), after this it has been a lot more slow to come off :)
  • fattiecaces
    fattiecaces Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am new at this.. Today!! I Hope that I can get down to 125 lbs in less than a year.. That means 45 lbs to lose!!!
  • Xorknup84
    Xorknup84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 1/2" and I started trying to lose weight on 3/23/12. I am now down 29.4 pounds just under 3 months later :). Stick to your daily calorie goal, when you work out DO NOT eat your calorie deficits. You don't have to, and your results will be better if you don't.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    I am 5'3 1/2" and I started trying to lose weight on 3/23/12. I am now down 29.4 pounds just under 3 months later :). Stick to your daily calorie goal, when you work out DO NOT eat your calorie deficits. You don't have to, and your results will be better if you don't.

This is a personal opinion. What works for one doesn't always work for all.