Thanksgiving Challenge - Fitness Check-In ~ Nov 4

Options
NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Happy Sunday! Did everyone remember to turn their clocks back? One extra hour to get our exercise in! Yippee!!

So, yesterday I went to a horse show with the family. That was fun. But not much exercise involved - except walking from the car to the arena and back afterwards. So, since I suggested we do something fun and different for the weekend I was looking for something after we got home. I'd recorded a few belly dancing workouts from FitTV that I hadn't tried yet and decided that would indeed be different for me! Unfortunately, I was all ready to go and the Tivo had erased them! Uugh! So, I put on the Mom & Tot Workout I'd got from the library, grabbed my almost 3 year old and got started. He only made it past "Row-Row-Row Your Boat" (the second song) unfortunately and I was left to finish it on my own. I did it though and got in a 45 minute workout. Today we are going to the Denver Zoo for a few hours and then hopefully I can get in that last Biggest Loser Sculpting workout before I move to the high impact workout on the dvd tomorrow!

Have a GREAT rest of the weekend! +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

ps Katie - Your message yesterday was very nice. You know, the whole situation is one that I can't dwell on (at least not too much). I just need to keep moving on with my life... however that might look now. Staying positive is something I learned after 12 years of trying to have our first miracle son! I wasn't very positive for most of those years but having my son and then being blessed enough to have another son really puts life into some perspective. (((HUGS))) for you Katie! Thanks for being an encouragement for ME!

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Did everyone remember to turn their clocks back? One extra hour to get our exercise in! Yippee!!

So, yesterday I went to a horse show with the family. That was fun. But not much exercise involved - except walking from the car to the arena and back afterwards. So, since I suggested we do something fun and different for the weekend I was looking for something after we got home. I'd recorded a few belly dancing workouts from FitTV that I hadn't tried yet and decided that would indeed be different for me! Unfortunately, I was all ready to go and the Tivo had erased them! Uugh! So, I put on the Mom & Tot Workout I'd got from the library, grabbed my almost 3 year old and got started. He only made it past "Row-Row-Row Your Boat" (the second song) unfortunately and I was left to finish it on my own. I did it though and got in a 45 minute workout. Today we are going to the Denver Zoo for a few hours and then hopefully I can get in that last Biggest Loser Sculpting workout before I move to the high impact workout on the dvd tomorrow!

Have a GREAT rest of the weekend! +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole

ps Katie - Your message yesterday was very nice. You know, the whole situation is one that I can't dwell on (at least not too much). I just need to keep moving on with my life... however that might look now. Staying positive is something I learned after 12 years of trying to have our first miracle son! I wasn't very positive for most of those years but having my son and then being blessed enough to have another son really puts life into some perspective. (((HUGS))) for you Katie! Thanks for being an encouragement for ME!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi I haven't posted much since this challenge began but today I was out moving 4 ft wood for about 45 minutes. From the woods to the truck to the woodpile. So I feel I have done my upper body workout for today, uuuugh but it feels like an all over workout.lol. The fun never stops in fall in VT:bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is an hour of walking,

and my ninety minute yoga class...which is truly the highlight of my week now! We do it by candelight, and it will be dark when we start tonight...the one benefit of switching the clocks, which gives me some sort of jet lag (clock lag?) for a week or two.

That's got to be a major calorie scorcher, kjllose! I cleaned the whole house yesterday (I'm not normally the tidiest, and my mother-in-law is visiting this week) and that logged quite a few calories.

As always, Niccole...thanks so much for keeping this daily check-in going! It helps to log them in (I actually log before I go...which motivates me to go, otherwise I'd have to "confess" to all of you):heart::flowerforyou:
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I managed to get a whole hour of work-out in. Had to just to wear off the smoked oysters, crackers, and snacks and an extra glass of dry white. Enjoyed it though!

Today hubby and I went for a walk down by the river, and then drove to a bird sanctuary and walked around there. It was sunny, with that crisp winter wind that blows in, but really enjoyed it.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Just finished!

35 minute slow walk around the neighborhood this morning - nice 80 degree fall day :tongue:

38 minute interval walk/run on treadmill this afternoon, followed by a 20 minute new, very corny, pilates video.

My yoga class is becoming my highlight too! Have to admit, after 8 years, it's kinda easy. I'd rather do 90 minutes of yoga than 30 seconds of running :happy: