aches and pains

Options
nillapup
nillapup Posts: 204 Member
Hello I was just curious what and if people are using for joint pains.. I am 37 but my body is pretty beat up.. I play roller derby.. I do zumba.. I am also doing Insanity and I try to jog atleast 2 times a week.. My body aches.. alot.. mostly my knees and my lower back.. I take Zyflamend which was helping but recently seems to not be working all that well.. any suggestions would be great.. thanks..

Replies

• TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    I've heard fish oil and have even used it for our dog who had hip dysplasia--it seemed to help. Have you been checked for arthritis?
  • nillapup
    Options
    yes I was thinking I should add fish oil as a suppliment.. and no.. I do not have health insurance till after my wedding in aug. so I can not afford to go to a doctor right now.. But I am guessing I probably have some kind of arthrittis.. though I hope I do not..
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    I know this is going to sound strange, but I was having similar problems and had a co worker suggest to me that I try EGGSHELL MEMBRANE, it's supposed to be better thatn glucosamine because it does not mess with blood sugar? Google it and see if it's for you! Hope this helps, good luck!
  • Dembek
    Dembek Posts: 3
    Options
    I recently added MAGNESIUM 250 mg's once in the morning and once before bed. I have been doing this for about 4 months now and I have less joint pain. I did talk to my doctor before doing this and she was fine with it. It has helped greatly.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    On most days I just live with it, but on the "bad days" I take either Ibuprofen or Aleve.
  • nillapup
    Options
    it does sound strange but honestly this is killing me and I will def look into it.. I do not want to have to take meds liketylenol or ibes.. I want to try and stay all natural..
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Celebrex!! But it's prescription :-/
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Fish oil!

I have normal aches and pains which seem to be well under control as I take fish oil every day. If I miss a few days in a row, I can definitely feel the stiffness and aches/pains.
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sounds similar to what i went through a few years ago, Fibromyalgia is what i was diagnosed with. Doctors advise was get quality sleep, exercise and cut aspartame out of diet. But i would strongly suggest you see a DR. as soon as you can afford it. Good Luck
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have to take 200 of Celebrex AM and PM and I also have to use Laticain patches for my back. Both are prescription though. My husband drinks joint juice every day and he can't tell if it's working or not, so I would assume not.
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i take zyflamed and the egg shell one both from the health food store and when i run out even though i thought they weren't working the pain becomes unbearable so i keep taking them when ive overdone it i take T ones don't like the T threes but need a bit more than regular i also will soak in a epsom salt bath with some lavender oil in it seems to be working
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Stopped eating grains (especially wheat!) and all the aches and pains went away. In the past I have been a heavy weight lifter, runner, in the military and generally took a beating.

Age is not the reason for you to feel like you do, examine what you eat. Try to fully eliminate all grains for 30 days and see how you feel. I went from snap-crackle-pop knees to fluid noise and pain free movement in about 2 weeks off of grains.
  • nillapup
    Options
    Stopped eating grains (especially wheat!) and all the aches and pains went away. In the past I have been a heavy weight lifter, runner, in the military and generally took a beating.

Age is not the reason for you to feel like you do, examine what you eat. Try to fully eliminate all grains for 30 days and see how you feel. I went from snap-crackle-pop knees to fluid noise and pain free movement in about 2 weeks off of grains.

I could give this a try... not sure how well I would do.. I am guilty of being a bad eater :o/
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Sounds similar to what i went through a few years ago, Fibromyalgia is what i was diagnosed with. Doctors advise was get quality sleep, exercise and cut aspartame out of diet. But i would strongly suggest you see a DR. as soon as you can afford it. Good Luck

Ah Fibromyalgia, the mystery catch all when they can't figure out anything else. I know because my wife was "diagnosed" with it as well. They put her on higher doses of anti-depressants (which they do for the mystery pains). Later she found out that she had a thyroid issue and that she is very sensitive to gluten. Once she cut grains and started getting treatment for her thyroid the issues went away (mostly, still a work in progress) and doesn't take the anti-depressant anymore.

If she even eats a SMALL amount of wheat all her pains come back for about a week.
  • nillapup
    Options
    i take zyflamed and the egg shell one both from the health food store and when i run out even though i thought they weren't working the pain becomes unbearable so i keep taking them when ive overdone it i take T ones don't like the T threes but need a bit more than regular i also will soak in a epsom salt bath with some lavender oil in it seems to be working

I think I am going to add the egg shell with the zyflamend for sure and probably a fish oil supplment