Pilates??

Options
Lisseth03
Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
Okay so I just found a super old (or what feels like super old) Windsor Pilates DVD, 20 minute workout.
I remember when this was a huge hype, so I decided to give it a go.

Does anyone still do it? &what are the actual benefits?

Replies

• Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I don't do the old ones, but I do her new dvds. I love pilates and have been doing it, at home, every morning for over a year. I have about ten dvds that I alternate, and it really made a big difference in my body. Pilates slims your hips, thighs and butt, and really tightens your abs.
  • Mandifree2beme
    Options
    I've never done the dvd's that you are talking about although, i do pilates occasionally. normally i will do yoga (or my version of it- i mix a little bit of ballet forms and self defense in at the same time) instead of pilates, as i usually dont have to mess with the risistance bands and such.
    I have heard though, that if you do pilates regularily it helps geatly improve toning,and strength as well as flexibility.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    hmmm, maybe I should start doing the 20 minute ones in the morning and see how that works out (on top of my other workouts of course)
  • Ceki
    Ceki Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know which "old" ones you're talking about. I used those several years ago (ten years?). My mother in law gave me the VHS set and now I can't use them because I don't have VHS. But I remember liking it and having good results when I was doing them. And recently I decided to look up some of the exercises on you tube to find some moves that focus on thighs which is one of my problem areas. I plan to try to incorporate this at home. Wish I had them on DVD!