sick........

Options
that is what my family and I have been for the past few months. First in September my little boy got an Upper Respiratory Infection, then I got the blasted Flu, then my little little girl got Strep Throat, Then I started having pelvic pain and told that I possibly have Endometriosis, now This week we all are sick again: my hubby has an Upper Respiratory Infection, my son and I have a Sinus Infection, and my daughter has a Ear Infection and they found some Keytones and Protein in her urine, they sent her Urine off for a culture and the culture came back negative, but she still has to go back to the doctor on the 16th for them to test her urine again. We are all on antibotics. My point to all this madness is that I have fallen completely off of what I am susposed to be doing: I have not been eating well and I have not been doing my exercise, I am extremely tired and I don't really feel like doing anything. I am going to go in a few weeks to have some blood work done as well as a physical, I need to know why I am feeling so tired lately. I know I have gained some weight back and that really depresses me, I have worked hard to get this weight off, I don't want to gain it all back. I have got to get a hold on this and get back on it. I know what to do and how to do it, but I don't, what is wrong with me??????????????

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant?

If not just ahving to deal with all that illness in your family is enough to make anybody tired. Just try to cut down on the bad food and try some small walks to keep you moving.

This too, shall pass.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant?

If not just ahving to deal with all that illness in your family is enough to make anybody tired. Just try to cut down on the bad food and try some small walks to keep you moving.

This too, shall pass.

nope not pregnant, had my tubes tied almost 3 years ago. I barely have enough energy to even make it thru the day, I will try to some type of low impact exercise, and I will defintley cut out all the bad foods.
  • Advengirl
    Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    :::hugs:::
    My thoughts are with you and your family...and I hope everyone gets back up to par soon!

Do you think you're getting in enough protein? I can tell a dramatic difference in my energy on the days I forget to monitor it and slack (I'm a vegetarian...it's really easy for me to slack on protein. lol)

Or have you considered depression? Illness and stress can bring it in bouts...I've dealt with it many times (both personally and with family) and it's no joke. It can literally make you 'hurt.' It seems like this has been going on for awhile so I wouldn't consider it a case of the mild 'blues.'
    Try taking one of those online depression quizes (easy to find by googling 'depression quiz') and bring the results in to your doctor, k? He/She can help if that's the case.

On a happier note...
    Look how far you've come!!! That's awesome!

You can do this.
  • jaxterbom
    Options
    Hope y'all get better soon! The energy question is a tough one. So many things can be a factor. Are you getting enough sleep? Do you wake up tired even when you have slept 8 hours? That could be sleep apnea. Could be a blood sugar thing. Not enough exercise can sap energy. Be sure to mention it to your Dr. & congrats on the 45!

Hank
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    :::hugs:::
    My thoughts are with you and your family...and I hope everyone gets back up to par soon!

Do you think you're getting in enough protein? I can tell a dramatic difference in my energy on the days I forget to monitor it and slack (I'm a vegetarian...it's really easy for me to slack on protein. lol)

Or have you considered depression? Illness and stress can bring it in bouts...I've dealt with it many times (both personally and with family) and it's no joke. It can literally make you 'hurt.' It seems like this has been going on for awhile so I wouldn't consider it a case of the mild 'blues.'
    Try taking one of those online depression quizes (easy to find by googling 'depression quiz') and bring the results in to your doctor, k? He/She can help if that's the case.

On a happier note...
    Look how far you've come!!! That's awesome!

You can do this.

I eat a lot of protein, I usually am always over on it. Thanks for the tips on depression, I will check that out, and see if I can find one of those depression quizes. One of the symptoms of endometriosis is fatigue, my doctor has already told me that she thinks I have that but I have to go back and have surgical procedure to be dianosed properly. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • kzalusky360
    Options
    I hear ya on the sick thing! I've been sick since the last week in August, and just now am I starting to get back to normal. I tested positive for H1N1 (oink oink!) and right in the middle of training for my first marathon! But I've pushed through and still managed to make some gains toward my goal. It sucks!!! All I want to do is nap..my body aches, and i can't hear out of my left ear! haha...

my suggestion....story board.

literally sit down and write down your goals. as you list them, also think about what it will take for you to get to each one. think it through completely and make yourself a plan. (i learned this when i did weight watchers a few years back....i'm a teacher, and a planner by nature, so this trick has helped me in the past.) once you have your plan, start it, stick to it, and take it one day at a time!

and like you said, you don't want to gain any more of the weight back....because it will push you further into the rut that you are in. i lost 75lbs with weight watchers in 7 months. i stalled...and once i started to gain it back, it was SO hard to get back on track. i re-gained 40 lbs...and four years later, i'm starting to get my act together again. Don't meander down the road i've already taken! be proactive...goal set and plan your successes.

you can do it!!! this sickness is just a bump in the road...don't let it completely derail you.

good luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hope y'all get better soon! The energy question is a tough one. So many things can be a factor. Are you getting enough sleep? Do you wake up tired even when you have slept 8 hours? That could be sleep apnea. Could be a blood sugar thing. Not enough exercise can sap energy. Be sure to mention it to your Dr. & congrats on the 45!

Hank

thank you. yes, I get a lot of sleep sometimes more than 8 hours a night. Yes, I wake up tired after 8 hours or more of sleep.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any advice to give but I just wanted to say that I really hope you and your family start feeling better soon! :flowerforyou:

I also wanted to say that you've come a long ways so far! Can you maybe switch to maintenance for awhile until everything settles down?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I hear ya on the sick thing! I've been sick since the last week in August, and just now am I starting to get back to normal. I tested positive for H1N1 (oink oink!) and right in the middle of training for my first marathon! But I've pushed through and still managed to make some gains toward my goal. It sucks!!! All I want to do is nap..my body aches, and i can't hear out of my left ear! haha...

my suggestion....story board.

literally sit down and write down your goals. as you list them, also think about what it will take for you to get to each one. think it through completely and make yourself a plan. (i learned this when i did weight watchers a few years back....i'm a teacher, and a planner by nature, so this trick has helped me in the past.) once you have your plan, start it, stick to it, and take it one day at a time!

and like you said, you don't want to gain any more of the weight back....because it will push you further into the rut that you are in. i lost 75lbs with weight watchers in 7 months. i stalled...and once i started to gain it back, it was SO hard to get back on track. i re-gained 40 lbs...and four years later, i'm starting to get my act together again. Don't meander down the road i've already taken! be proactive...goal set and plan your successes.

you can do it!!! this sickness is just a bump in the road...don't let it completely derail you.

good luck!

First of all congrats on the 22 pounds lost, that is awesome. I hope that you continue to feel better each and every day. Thank you so much for all the great advise and thank you for being so upbeat and positive. I will sit down and write down my goals and where I want to be, start my plan and stay on it.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I don't really have any advice to give but I just wanted to say that I really hope you and your family start feeling better soon! :flowerforyou:

I also wanted to say that you've come a long ways so far! Can you maybe switch to maintenance for awhile until everything settles down?

thank you, I could try that. :flowerforyou:
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Glad that you are going to have a physical. Have your Dr. run a thyroid panel. For years I was tired of being tired and at TOM forget it I was toast. Just listen to your body and log your symptoms. I went through four Dr. before I found one that really listened to me. Don't give up. Best wishes to all you family for a quick and full recovery.
    Congratulation on your 45 pound weight loss. I have a friend who has lost 85 pounds in two years. You are well on your way.:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Glad that you are going to have a physical. Have your Dr. run a thyroid panel. For years I was tired of being tired and at TOM forget it I was toast. Just listen to your body and log your symptoms. I went through four Dr. before I found one that really listened to me. Don't give up. Best wishes to all you family for a quick and full recovery.
    Congratulation on your 45 pound weight loss. I have a friend who has lost 85 pounds in two years. You are well on your way.:flowerforyou:

thanks I will keep a list of my symptoms, I have a great doctor and she really listens to me, so I am sure that she will find out what is going on. I have been here for 10 months and had lost 52 pounds, the last time I had weighed I was at 45 pounds lost, not sure where I am right now, haven't weighed in a while.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Just being sick can zap your energy. Make sure you are getting fresh (frozen) fruits and vegetables. Get some sun if you are depressed ( who wouldn't be with the constant sickness) the sun can boost your mood. Make sure you are getting enough calcium and vitamin D. With the endometriosis you could be iron deficient which can make you tired also. Ask your doctor about taking iron.

Hope you feel better soon. And again don't give up. Even staying at a small deficit will help in the long room. :flowerforyou:

thanks I will keep a list of my symptoms, I have a great doctor and she really listens to me, so I am sure that she will find out what is going on. I have been here for 10 months and had lost 52 pounds, the last time I had weighed I was at 45 pounds lost, not sure where I am right now, haven't weighed in a while.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Just being sick can zap your energy. Make sure you are getting fresh (frozen) fruits and vegetables. Get some sun if you are depressed ( who wouldn't be with the constant sickness) the sun can boost your mood. Make sure you are getting enough calcium and vitamin D. With the endometriosis you could be iron deficient which can make you tired also. Ask your doctor about taking iron.

Hope you feel better soon. And again don't give up. Even staying at a small deficit will help in the long room. :flowerforyou:

thank you Ivy, you are always so smart and informative.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    my family has been sick as well. I started 10 days ago (H1N1) and still feel so tired! My mom who lives with us is on day 13 and still slept most of the day. Yesterday we both tried to do more. I went grocery shopping and did some cooking...today I am toast!

In the beginning I had not appetite but today I can't seem to eat enough. I am deciding that it must be part of healing.

Focus on taking very very very good care of yourself!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: Sleep, eat well, mild excercise, take your vitamins (multi, C, extra D and B!) etc.

I think the advice of just trying to maintain during this difficult time is excellent. It is what I am doing right now.

I hope you all feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    my family has been sick as well. I started 10 days ago (H1N1) and still feel so tired! My mom who lives with us is on day 13 and still slept most of the day. Yesterday we both tried to do more. I went grocery shopping and did some cooking...today I am toast!

In the beginning I had not appetite but today I can't seem to eat enough. I am deciding that it must be part of healing.

Focus on taking very very very good care of yourself!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: Sleep, eat well, mild excercise, take your vitamins (multi, C, extra D and B!) etc.

I think the advice of just trying to maintain during this difficult time is excellent. It is what I am doing right now.

I hope you all feel better soon.:flowerforyou:

thank you DeeDee. I really appreciate the very wise advice. I hope you and your mom feel better with each and every day that goes by.
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you and your family have been sick, but glad to see you post again I was worried about you! All you can really do right now is try to eat healthy and work on getting yourself and family feeling better. when you start feeling better then you can concentrate on exercising again. don't sweat a few pounds gained, happens to all of us. it's a long journey. feel better:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I'm so sorry you and your family have been sick, but glad to see you post again I was worried about you! All you can really do right now is try to eat healthy and work on getting yourself and family feeling better. when you start feeling better then you can concentrate on exercising again. don't sweat a few pounds gained, happens to all of us. it's a long journey. feel better:flowerforyou:

Thanks for the very kind words sassekel!!! I have been around but not posting as much. not felt like posting :flowerforyou: