Eating clean

Options
Ive seen the phrase 'eating clean' mentioned a few times - what are people's definition of this???

Replies

• Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Options
    Basically eating fruits, veggies, and lean meat.. No fast food.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    No processed/preserved foods.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    One ingredient foods. Chicken breast, sweet potato, olive, sirloin, veggies, etc.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Using a napkin.
  • JmeHarris
    JmeHarris Posts: 38
    Options
    My definition of eating clean is probably a little more extreme than others. It would have to be organic fruits and veggies and no meat. Meat industry just doesn't produce "clean" food.
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options

^ Thanks. I was confusing true clean eating with eating more of a minimally processed diet, I think.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Using a napkin.

This is my method as well.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Using a napkin.

High five. Sometime I even need a bib and a wetnap but only on cheat days. : )
  • Chucksteakswife
    Chucksteakswife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    check out eatcleandiet.com!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Using a napkin.

High five. Sometime I even need a bib and a wetnap but only on cheat days. : )

I skip that and just hop in the shower. Then I'm ALL clean.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I consider myself a clean eater but I do follow the 80/20 method. Clean 80% of the time, "normal" 20% of the time. I think I succeed at eating clean more than 80% though :D I am in college and the lifestyle just doesn't allow me to be 100% clean if I want to enjoy myself.

For me clean eating means nothing processed. If the label has more than 5 ingredients, it's probably out. Actually if it has a label it's most likely out, haha. Basically the only packaged things I buy are bread, greek yogurt, natural peanut butter, and natural cheese. I eat whole-grain everything: whole wheat bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc. For everything else I eat fresh fruits and veggies. I will occasionally use non-clean condiments to make my meals more exciting.

Overall eating clean has been a lot easier than I thought it would be, maybe since I'm not extremely strict with myself about it. I have definitely seen a difference in the way I look and feel!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i was doing a vegan version of the candida diet. that's as clean as it gets!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My definition of eating clean is probably a little more extreme than others. It would have to be organic fruits and veggies and no meat. Meat industry just doesn't produce "clean" food.
    I have to defend the "meat industry" being a rancher i know exactly what is going into our beef,(grass hay WE produce, green pasture, mountain grasses) and the people we sell them too are extremely satisfied. I agree with not buying mass produced big brand meats,but BUY LOCAL beef, chicken, eggs....support the small ranches and local farmers!! *rant over ;)*