Needing Support and New Friends :)

Options
Allup2Me78
Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
:bigsmile: Starting today! I am trying for 1500 calories today!! Hoping this time I can stick to this thing!! It is sooo hard but I have to do this..My 1st goal is to loose 12-15 lbs by 7/16/12..Who thinks this can happen?

Replies

• liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.. :)
  • sessalee
    sessalee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! 12-15lbs in less than a month is pretty aggressive, and I'd hate to see you disappointed so early on. How about something a little more achievable, like 7lbs. That's 1lb/week plus 3 more lbs for good measure? You'd be shocked at what a difference 7lbs can make!

Good luck :)
  • LittleTrish
    LittleTrish Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm not doing too bad with my 1200 calories a day, just started today but I am struggling to consume enough water. I'm looking to lose about 7lbs this month, I really think you may struggle to lose the 15lbs but best of luck :)
  • YankeesLvr52
    YankeesLvr52 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Would not try and lose any more than 2 lbs/week. Anything more is unhealthy and has a tendency not to stay off. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You should aim for 1 to 2 lbs per week which is very reasonable. But dont set yourself up for disappointment...expect ups and downs throughout your weight loss journey. Oh, and you can add me!! :-)
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    add me if you like- I am always open to new friends. 8)
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE REPLY...I WILL SAY 10 THEN :)
  • agerena007
    agerena007 Posts: 51
    Options
    Hey with all the supporters and motivators in here besides yourself you can lose a healthy 8-10 lbs by then. Dont push it and if you do lose those 15lbs or more it would be a bonus. This is the first step on your new achievement, so congrats on that. Feel free to add me. Also its all on your mind regarding the calories. This site helps you become aware of your calorie intake on the foods you eat as well as the fats, carbs and proteins. You will be surprised the things you learn. Best of luck!!
  • lilangel317
    lilangel317 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add me if u like. The goals u have set is tough. I would try for 7 as mentioned in a previous post. Don't want to see u feeling discouraged. Besides u want to be healthy as u lose. Wishing u all the best.
  • Onira76
    Onira76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am like you I like to set high goals for myself, but like the others have said if not reached it may lead to disappointment and the desire to give up. I try to aim for 2lbs loss a week but am happy with 1lbs. Good luck on your journey and I too can get all the support in this :)
  • karebear26
    karebear26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    go ahead and add me! :) i love new friends to keep me going through the hard times
  • karebear26
    karebear26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hello. I noticed your ticker thingy with the lbs you have lost.. where did you get that, i would love to have one myself
  • tjwood70
    tjwood70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, tjwood70
  • 4sandrad
    4sandrad Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Good luck!!!
  • superaimz81
    Options
    I feel I'm doing really good with my routine and staying under my calorie intake and keeping up with my exercise everyday, however, the weekends have always been my downfall. I justify my cheat days, mainly consisting of alcoholic beverages on Saturday and a good size cheat meal on Sunday, b/c I fear the burn out that I know can happen from total deprivation. I've been making total progress since I've joined mfp but was just wondering if there are any other weekend slackers out there like myself that I could relate to. If this sounds anything like you, and would like a friend to help you kick it into gear come Monday, feel free to add me!
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm reporting for duty! :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me for motivation and support!
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others...don't aim for too much in too little time! Just eat right and exercise daily, and the pounds will come off in the right amount of time!! Feel free to add me...that goes for anyone! Always good to have friends!!! :)
  • kbutlerrvt
    kbutlerrvt Posts: 41
    Options
    From my experience 10 is achievable. Feel free to add me! I am always open to new friends.
  • smuckyrun
    smuckyrun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    10 pounds is realistic. I've been on here for 95 days and i am down 25 pounds and my first month i lost 10 pounds.
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi there...you can add me as a friend. I don't want to discourage you because this is not what this group is about,but your goals are set high. It's also not healthy. Take it from me, I've yo-yo'd dieted for 20 years now and I always fall off the wagon or end up discouraged and it's all because I want results NOW! I mean, I cut back on my lunch, I didn't have that candy bar I was dying for, I got sugar-free jello instead of the real stuff...so, I should have lost 10 pounds. Danged scale lies! LOL...Seriously, take it slow and one step at a time and one day at a time. I'm trying this method too...luck to all of us!