lets hope i can stick with it..

Options
i just started my dieting today, i hope i can stick with this, and lose the pounds.. very tired of looking and feeling this way..

Replies

• jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    No hoping... you CAN and you WILL stick with it!
  • JamieBrody
    Options
    The first week I have found so far is the hardest. I've been working out every other day for the past 2 months and not dieting, but choosing healthier foods and its a slow start but already I have lost 5 lbs. And thats a heck of a lot better than gaining five lbs!!!! Keep with it :)
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    The first week I have found so far is the hardest. I've been working out every other day for the past 2 months and not dieting, but choosing healthier foods and its a slow start but already I have lost 5 lbs. And thats a heck of a lot better than gaining five lbs!!!! Keep with it :)

I started early March with 3 days a week then worked up to 5 slowly and I am down 17 pounds and 5 inches. Not as fast as I want but as long as it keeps coming off I will stick with it.. As far as food goes I slowly made changes there that way I didn't get burnt out or want to quit
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just do it. There is no "hope", you either do something or you don't. The fact that you're here sharing your struggle means you WANT to do it...SO DO IT! I know you can!!!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find myfitnesspal is a great site that really makes the logging so easy. The encouragement from my MFP friends helps so much with keeping my mind in the game. Good luck on your 1st day! We can do this!
  • Onira76
    Onira76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Like everyone has said do it!

We are all here for the same thing thats the beauty of it so we all know how this feels.
  • mountain59
    mountain59 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can!! We'll do it together : )
  • cscox708
    cscox708 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    you can! after struggling with my weight on and off, i've actually stuck with MFP for a whole year (coming up this week)...add some friends, and you will quickly be hooked. i'm always looking for new friends to motivate me and for me to motivate, if you're interested - send me a friend request :)
  • areyes1975
    Options
    Don't try it. Just do it.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    i just started my dieting today, i hope i can stick with this, and lose the pounds.. very tired of looking and feeling this way..

I love the enthusiasm. But remember, failure is a lesson learned that leads towards a success. So if you find yourself off the diet, share it with friends, try to learn from it, don't beat yourself up and use the energy to try it again :)

Good luck
  • CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing for me is understanding my hunger. But its been 2 weeks and I went from being an under eater to right where I need to be and its amazing how different you feel once you make some changes. I understand how you are feeling. But YOU will get addicted I promise.... I am. I like this more than fb...lol
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this! Instead of looking at it a a diet, and doing the traditional, restrictive "diet", look at it as a journey to being healthier- with the wonderful side benefit that you'll lose weight. Instead of not allowing yourself to have something, look at it as a choice you can make to make yourself healthier. What you eat matters, but creating an eating plan you can actually live with is more important. Take your measurements so that if you hit a weight loss plateau, you can see progress with those numbers. If the goal is health, the scale won't be such a focal point.
  • foxontherun03
    Options
    You can do it! Today is my fifth day, and it is hard to believe. Just get in the routine and it will all fall into place.
  • amie979
    amie979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you can do it!!! it didnt go on you one day, its not going to come off in one day either! sometimes its hard to stay on track, i know. for me, its the exercise. but ive noticed, if i dont do it one day, i feel guilty now lol. its just as much mental as it is physical and keeping on track. but you have tons of support here!!!