Jillian Michaels "Making the Cut" 30 day workout CHALLENGE

Options
Okay, I've done this before with super results, have been a super slacker though the past year. If you don't have the book, it's amazing. My idea (if I can find anyone to do it too) is to start Monday. Have my body fat pinched at my club, and then pinced every 10 days throughout, so 4 times total (before, days 10, 20, 30) and watch the fat melt away! Any takers??? Also, I've never done the diet in the book, just the kicka$$ workout!

Replies

• kzalusky360
    Options
    ive never read the book....but i do have her "30 day shred" workout dvd....its awesome! i love it because there are three different levels, and then within each level there is a low, medium, and high level...so there are a bunch of options for all types of fitness levels.

you say you had great results last time you did it....what type of results did you notice? (pounds, inches, percentage lost, etc.)
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    According to my husband, I was a brick $h!thouse!!! I had so much definition in arms,shoulders, back, chest, and I actually had a six-pack! I have a hard time following videos, have to leave my house, I have 30 day shred, but like my book even more, it's an amazing workout.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Im game, I've read the book but never actually tried it, always keep saying tomorrow I'll start it ya know? I'm not into as much seafood as she puts in the diet but I understand her description of the percentages of macronutrients I should have in each meal so I'm good with that. I'm also starting up a running routine so I'll be doing that as well as the 30 day challenge. I'm just going to take my measurements on Monday and weight and keep track of that, I like the every ten days idea too. yay I'm excited to get this started!!! I just hope I can keep up with it!
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Yay Supermom!!! You'll do great! And like I said, I'm not even following her specific diet, just eating clean (Tosca Reno, 'nother good book!). It's really an intense workout, takes about 45 minutes, but it's only 4x per week! Maybe we'll get another joiner or 2 by Monday, fingers crossed!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Really it takes that long?? oh well, now that my sons ears have cleared up and hes able to go back to daycare I'll definitely be able to find time to hit the gym. and yea the food thing is no prob for me, I'm in my junior year studying Nutrition to become a dietician, I eat whole clean foods, nothing over processed or dipped in fat fryed or overly sugared. I've also read Jillian's book Master Your Metabolism and absolutely love it!! Its less structured as making the cut and basically follows her principle of " If it didnt have a mother or grow from the ground, don't eat it " Simple enough, yea? lol Plus I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and she goes over what foods help thyroid production and which foods may hinder and things to keep in mind. I'd definitely recommend getting it if you don't already have it!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Ok so here I am checking in for Day One of this thing!

Weight-142.6
    Neck-13
    Waist- 30.75
    Hips 38.5
    Right & Left Thigh- 24.25
    Right & Left Upper Arm- 12

I do the thighs and arms because thats where I really want to see results, I've pretty much have flat abs, just a pooch at the bottom that I need to lose by my thighs and arms infuriate me!!!

I'll be doing my run and the first work out tonight!!! Good luck to everyone else joining the challenge!!