Jamie Eason Live Fit???

Options
Any Ladies do this 12 week program? Likes/Dislikes? Did you achieve good results in the 12 weeks????? Any before and after pics?

Replies

• Pascua_j
    Pascua_j Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    waiting for info......super curious:smile:
  • NotAlone82
    NotAlone82 Posts: 32
    Options
    Bump, there must be someone.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too. Especially since I'm ready to start a lifting routine but I'm so confused with all the options and choices I don't even know where to start
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to start if you're looking into strength training :) Happy Hunting!

http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/nrol-for-women
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have been thinking of getting this book too. Guess I need to just break down and buy it, it seems a lot of women on here have had GREAT results using this...and strength/weight training in general
  • glissongal
    glissongal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did the program as stated for the first 11 weeks, (went on vacation during week 12). I wish I had completed that last week though!
    I followed all the rules, overall, lost about 2% body fat, and 3 LBS on the scale. I could definitely tell with the inches though.
    It definitely boosted my metabolism, which is always great!!!!
    Warning though: To follow the program, you make everything at home, including protein bars and 4-5 meals a day. It is a lot of work because after week 4 you are supposed to work out 6 days a week (most of the workouts at that point take anywhere between an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and 45 minutes (((if you are going to follow the plan. ))))
    I will say, overall I was pleased because I did see some results, however, it is a SERIOUS time commitment. It is not for the faint of heart for sure. But, with dedication and hard work you will definitely see results. :) Hope this helps!!!
  • FitHeatherEatsClean
    Options
    bump....
    I'm really interested in starting this program next week. My issue is that I feel like I've already bulked and need to go straight to Cut Phase. Then again, maybe it makes sense to start from the beginning.
  • Uglyduckling2swan
    Options
    I did it for 3 weeks but got bored because of no cardio for the first phase. I don't think I was leaner too.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I did about 8 weeks of it. It was REALLY hard doing the 6 days a week so I sometimes added a couple of days together. I did not specifically follow the eating plan because I just didn't have the time, but I still lost some inches. When I started I was wearing a loose size 10 and now I am a 6 and only lost 2 pounds! I am a FIRM believer in lifting!
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I did this really well for the first four weeks. I tried to continue it into phase 2, but I struggled because at that time I had to start triathlon training. I wasn't making any gains in strength or cardio endurance, even though I was training at least 10 hours a week. I ended up stopping the training to focus on my swimming for the triathlon.

Now that I've completed the tri and a half marathon, I'm seriously thinking about going back to the program. I've plateaued big time. The big disappointment was that the month before I started this program I lost 10 lbs. After I started (and since then) I didn't lose any weight. Right now, I'm remembering how I looked and how strong I felt and I really miss that...that's why I am thinking about going back to it. I was seeing great results in my figure and I could lift like crazy.

Good luck in whatever you decide!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my second round of Live Fit as we speak! The first time around, I followed it to a T. I lost about 12 pounds and really leaned out. This time I'm allowing myself cheat meals whereas I didn't before. I'm also only working out 5 days a week instead of 6. The reason for 6 days is because there are 2 leg days so I just combined my leg workouts into one day. Yes, it does take a HUGE commitment and a lot of time since all of your food has to be prepared at home. I usually prepare my food on SUnday and it takes about 4 hours. The positive side of doing this is I've saved a lot of money by not eating out! I also feel better because I'm not eating crap. If you have time and are ready to commit, I highly recommend it :)
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 3, though I'm adapting it to do at home. I like it so far. I'm probably only doing the meal plan about 60%, but I did increase my protein and generally follow her macros and meal outlines as much as I can. I like it, and I'm happy with the no cardio so far. I needed a cardio break. We'll see how the next phases go. I wanted a free, finite program with lots of support and a focus on weights, and this is working for me.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I found Jamie's program on bodybuilding.com. I did all her work outs for the first week, but I couldn't follow the diet to the "T" as I wasn't prepared for it. Her program doesn't have any cardio and I beieve in lifting to burn fat but I still feel I need a little cardio to start me off. I think her program would be good for someone that doesn't have 50 pounds to lose and just wants to tone. I decided to look at Lee Labrada's 12 week Lead Body plan. He incorporates a couple of 30 minute cardio days in his work outs. Again I'm not following his diet to the "T" either, because I would have to make a different meal for me and my husband and daughter and with all this food prep, I don't need the extra work. I figure if I stay in my right calorie range and I eat as clean as possible and follow the exercises and lifting work outs, I'll see the difference. I'm already feeling a difference in my clothes. I usually come home and by the end of the day my pants are tight and I can't wait to take them off, but yesterday I notice that my pants weren't tight and I wasn't dying to take them off and put on my "happy pants" for the rest of the night! Since I did week 1 with Jamie, I'm starting with week 2 on Lee's program. I think I will do Jamie's program once I'm done with Lee's. Since I'm new to this whole weight lifting thing and I can't afford the $140 per month that my gym wants to charge for a personal trainer, so I'm loving bodybuilding.com
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Any Ladies do this 12 week program? Likes/Dislikes? Did you achieve good results in the 12 weeks????? Any before and after pics?

I would like to know how much weight you had to lose when you started Jamie's program or were you just looking to use her program to lean out and building muscle? Also before and after pictures are always helpful :flowerforyou:
  • FitHeatherEatsClean
    Options
    I'm starting the program on Monday 6/25. I'll be posting what I eat, my workouts, my impressions of the program, and my results. I have about 20 lbs to loose. I am already really active but I'm not seeing the results that I want. By starting Monday, I'll be shooting for the week after labour day for my 12 weeks. On Wednesday 6/27 I have an appointment for a body scan that will measure my muscle and fat, I'll be repeating that in September after I'm done with the program.

If anyone else is thinking of starting on Monday or would just like to see my progress feel free to Friend me.

I'll post before and progress pics as well.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The key to this is planning and preparing your meals in batches at least a day ahead so it makes following the meal plan easier. Before starting, check out the structure as well as foods she suggests to get familiar with it. Preparing in bulk really results in far less time in the kitchen than preparing food on the spot. As others said, it does not focus on cardio like many regiments or rapid body fat loss - the amount of total volume trained a week will add up to a rather nice amount of calories burned. Thus, you do not have to do additional cardio, which for some is great.
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to, but am not a member at any gym. I have lots of free weights and bands, but it was starting to take a long time just trying to come up with an alternate home version for the majority of the exercises. Looks like a great program though! Now I bodyrock instead!
  • socalgirl68
    Options
    I got injured after the first day soo... lol :P curious to see how it works tho!
  • gaetaninaa
    gaetaninaa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on week eight and suck at the diet too but have lost one dress size while gaining 5 pounds of muscle (I think). Stick with it. You'll be impressed even if you can't do the diet to a T. I just started tracking my food on here.
  • superfitconball
    superfitconball Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I started it two days ago. And would love to add friends who are also on it for motivation/ encouragement /advice.