HRM question

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Ok, I'm getting ready to buy a HRM and have a question for those who have already have one. The chest band that comes with the monitor--is it fairly large? I noticed that they sell separate ones in different sizes and now am worried that if I buy a HRM it might not fit my chest (I am still large at this point). I don't want to have to pay close to or over $100 for HRM and then turn around and buy an extra band for close to $60, too!

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    Ok, I'm getting ready to buy a HRM and have a question for those who have already have one. The chest band that comes with the monitor--is it fairly large? I noticed that they sell separate ones in different sizes and now am worried that if I buy a HRM it might not fit my chest (I am still large at this point). I don't want to have to pay close to or over $100 for HRM and then turn around and buy an extra band for close to $60, too!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have the polar f4 and the band is big enough for me ---- its very elastic... and i dont have it set on the biggest size..... and im 238 pounds at 5'4" ..... i think you should be ok...
  • shorerider
    Options
    Thanks!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 and I love it! The straps are adjustable and it should tell you what size you are getting....S,M, or Large. You can always buy the next strap up if you aren't sure it will fit. You do have to get used to the strap. I have a small one and I probably should have had a medium when I first started because it "cut" into me. It didn't hurt, it's just the constant rubbing against the skin while running.

Good Luck with the purchase! They are a wonderful addition to any exercise regiment!
  • mary1127
    mary1127 Posts: 37
    Options
    Yes the straps are adjustable. I do not recommend the strapless monitors, as I have found them not to be accurate.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You know, I think I am going to return this Mio HRM and bite the bullet and get a Polar. I really hate the fact that I have to take my HR when I think it has increased or decreased to get an accurate reading. The Polars do it automatically right?? :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yes, the polars do it constantly and automatically.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I got the women's f6, the watch is pink and it came with a female chest strap (smaller than the regular) which if I recall is adjustable from 28-40 inches, (I'm not sure what the other sizes measurements are) plus it's stretchy. I thought the strap would bother me, but most of the time I forget it's on. Though it might bother me and I might have a tough time wearing it for 24 hours which I want to try soon, on a non-exercise day/night to measure my normal calorie expenditure.