Belly Fat....How Do I Lose it????

Options
My problem area, and the one area I want to lose and tone is my belly (midsection). I think I have tried all types of things and exercises to lose this area and no luck. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciative. Thanks!

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    My problem area, and the one area I want to lose and tone is my belly (midsection). I think I have tried all types of things and exercises to lose this area and no luck. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciative. Thanks!

1) Eat at a calorie deficit
    2) Consume adequate protein and fats
    3) Exercise, ideally lift weights
    4) Get rest
    5) Repeat
    6) Don't micromanage any of the other crap that doesn't matter.

You can't spot reduce fat outside of surgical procedures. Keep to the above list and eventually your belly fat will reduce as your body loses fat. Your body will determine where to pull fat from and you cannot manipulate this.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You can NOT pick where to lose the fat.
    Follow Sidesteal's advice...you'll be fine. Wish the best to you!
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Naturally_sassy0525 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the other post especially strenghr training. And I suggest taking pictures I took one two weeks apart and rite now at my 12 pound lost and I've noticed quiet a difference in my midsection.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I lost mine once, found it again though. It was right there all along. Silly belly.
  • shane9894
    shane9894 Posts: 23
    Options
    Bump all of the ^
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    For me, being a short-waisted petite woman, it's always the last place I loose. I really had to be at my ideal weight in order to have a belly I wasn't dissatisfied with. I'm probably around 18% BF right now. If your plan is working and you are loosing, just be persistent and you'll get there.

ETA: Lose, not loose. Jeez, as an English major you'd have thought I'd have that one down.
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    try pilates - it wont target weightloss but it will tone up your belly and give you core strength - changed my shape :)
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, too bad I can't choose where I want the weight to come off, I had a few suggestions for where I needed it to come off.
  • jenafey
    jenafey Posts: 10
    Options
    Although you can't pick where you lose weight - if you are one of those people that gains a lot of weight around the midsection sometimes it's due to eating too many carbs. Pay attention to the balance of your proteins, fats, and carbs and make sure you're not super carb heavy. Also stress and anxiety can play a big part in gaining weight around the midsection because of the release of the hormone Cortisol.