33 Year Old Man Weighing 255+ Working to Lose 30LBS.

Options
Hey guys,

I am a 33 year old father of 2 that just celebrated my 10 year anniversary with my wife and I am needing to lose weight.

Have always been active, but weight is always been a major struggle.

Hoping to lose 30-40 lbs and hopefully this app and community can help me. I know the work is up to me, but motivation always helps.

Replies

• MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Way to make a lifestyle change! Congrats on your 10 year anniversary! Add me as a friend if you want.
  • november1999
    Options
    You can do it! Make a family adventure out of it - take your kids (assuming they are old enough) on a week long scavenger hunt through your neighborhood - each night you can increase your distance, jog a little, ride bikes etc. to find objects like a blue car, a purple flower, a unique mailbox etc...
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I am a 33 year old father of 2 that just celebrated my 10 year anniversary with my wife and I am needing to lose weight.

Have always been active, but weight is always been a major struggle.

Hoping to lose 30-40 lbs and hopefully this app and community can help me. I know the work is up to me, but motivation always helps.

What is your height?
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It's a great journey to take, you will feel so good about yourself as you make progress. Though during the journey there are times when the scale doesn't move as quick as you think it should (I'm there right now) just keep going and keep the ultimate goal in mind. Add me as a friend if you like, it's always good to have lots of support!
  • babygotback560
    babygotback560 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    well u can always add me... i'm always on..
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    hey Chris, I myself lost 34lbs in 3 1/2 months. I did total body workouts 3 times a week, abs 3-4 times a week, and cardio about 5 times a week. Total body workouts will get all your muscles burning calories thus getting your metabolism going for upto 48 hours as opposed to just doing cardio which keeps it going for like 24 hours. It will also help you lose weight while keeping muscle. Also drink lots of water, at least 1 cup for every 2 hours you are awake. Make sure you eat enough calories, even the calories you used exercising and you should be good. Anymore advice, feel free to ask!
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Wow I love that idea of a scavenger hunt with the kids!
  • RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Chris! Congratulations on finding a way to try and help yourself do better :) Motivation is certainly key, but information is what fuels your motivation. Please feel free to ask questions and work -slowly- ...nutrition is essential to good health, and there's a lot of it to take in. You're welcome to add me on as a friend here, too :)

Have a good night!

~ Jen

12161155.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tdm2592
    tdm2592 Posts: 30
    Options
    I've lost over 50 using this app...couldn't have done it without MFP.
  • chrisholohan
    Options

What is your height?

I'm 6'1. Big build.
  • chrisholohan
    Options
    Amazed at all the replies. Seems like a good community.
  • chrisholohan
    Options
    Down 9 lbs this month. Stoked on that.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Good work, MFP has gotten me the best results of any weight loos scheme I have tried.
  • YankeesLvr52
    YankeesLvr52 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    FR sent...welcome and good luck