How can I motivate myself to do this? HELP PLEASE.

Options
How can I motivate myself to start loosing weight and stick with it. I feel like Im just not strong enough to do it.. and there is a lot of stress in my life, so sometimes that just ruins it.

What can I do to encourage myself to do it???

Please give me some ideas...

Replies

• Anny99
    Anny99 Posts: 6
    Options
    Stress is part of our day to day. My suggestion would be do something that relaxes you. Get some sleep. Surround yourself with positive people that will encourage you. Talk about your goal, write what you want and stick that note somewhere where you can see it often.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Motivation is an illusion. You either want to do it, or you don't. Think about your priorities. Is it more of a priority for you to change, or to stay the same and not rock the boat? Either one is valid, but nobody can make that choice for you. Something to keep in mind though that eating healthy food and getting regular exercise are the two absolute best ways to cope with stress, so if stress is your problem, it would be well worth it to change your habits.
  • JoniRiaya
    JoniRiaya Posts: 79
    Options
    If the whole process seems overwhelming then make ONE change. . For example, maybe you start with drinking more water. If you're a big soda drinker, drinking more water might help you limit your soda (or other unhealthy beverage choice) intake. Or decide to spend just 10 minutes a day walking. Soon, the 10 minutes might turn into 15 or 20 and so on. One change can lead to many, many other changes. You CAN do it!! Best of luck to you.

Oh, and being on MFP is a great start. You can even start by logging your food, but not really worrying about what your calories in/out are. You might be surprised that logging your food will lead you to wanting to eat healthier and move more. Plus, having friends on MFP is very motivating. It certainly helps me that my friends will know when I don't eat right or exercise and will hold me (lovingly) accountable. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i psyched myself up for it for a few weeks before i actually started getting healthy
  • bookfaery
    bookfaery Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You're stronger than you realize you are, as you will discover when you take this journey to get healthier. Be kind to yourself. You will jump on the bandwagon when you are ready to do it. And yes, small changes make a huge difference. Drinking more water. Ditching soda. Cut out the junk food. Park a little further from the door at the mall. Each one of these things counts as an accomplishment! Baby steps!
  • Lilie555
    Lilie555 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    These are all REALLY good, Im feeling better about it already. THANK YOU EVERYONE! :):):)