Here is the cool, annnnnd not so cool of my newness... :)

Hi all,

My name is Sara and I signed up a few months ago, but really started using MFP the last month. It's been so cool! I even lost 8 lbs, which I haven't done in over a year!

Anyhow, I was doing well with my calorie intake and then last week, I totally fell off. Went waaaaaay over my alotted calories and when I weighed myself this morning, *gasp* I gained back 2 lbs! (and it's not muscle because I haven't got that far. yet.)The kicker is (this is the "not-so-cool" part) that I didn't even enter it in MFP and that is a huge accountability issue!
I decided maybe I should be more involved with the community here for mutual support, motivation AND accountability, rather than go it alone. After reading others posts, it seems like a common and great strategy. And everyone seems sooooo helpful and positive!

So, with all that said, if anyone is up for a new pal, I'd be great to add you. My hope is that we will inspire, encourage and equip each other with what it takes to meet our personal weight loss goals.

Thanks for reading and keeping me honest! :)

Kindly,

S.

Replies

• AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    HI! I am new to this site since today and I am right there with you! Motivation, inspiration and being held accountable-all great things this site seems to offer. I'm up for a pal! :)
  • mistressmambo
    mistressmambo Posts: 75 Member
    Hello there... I'll add ya both :)
  • mezzy11
    mezzy11 Posts: 41 Member
    Feel free to add me. MFP is great for support & motivation. I've been on here for 1 year but wasn't serious about it until January this year and have managed to lose over 37 lbs so far. Have another 26 to go!! I always log in my diary, the good the bad & the ugly. It's a great learning tool and keeps you on the wagon. I have days where I go over my cals but still manage to lose weight. Together with exercise you will achieve your goal..trust me.:smile:
  • jesswilks
    jesswilks Posts: 31
    i've only been on for two weeks looking for some more friend add me if you would like
  • MsBebe12
    MsBebe12 Posts: 4
    AiimeeDee: Nice to meet a fellow newbie, welcome to MFP! And we can sooo do this!!

misfressmambo: thank you for the add! I love your profile pic, btw!

Mezzy11: wow, 37 lb loss since Jan even with calorie overage? VERY inspiring, thanksfor sharing and the add and keep up the great work!

Jesswilks: Let's do this!! :)

Best,

Sara
  • AquaDITN
    AquaDITN Posts: 35 Member
    Wow, msbebe12, you just told my story. But it took me a lot longer, and more pounds, to make it back to MFP and utilizing all its tools. I'll send you an add. :)