WEIGHT GAIN DURING DIET PLAN

Options
DEEPWOE
DEEPWOE Posts: 1 Member
Ive been following a great diet, up until now i was losing five pounds a week, all of a sudden i gained 10 in one day whats going on?

Replies

• sudniknico
    sudniknico Posts: 11
    Options
    i reccomend getting a new scale lol... 10 lbs in 1 day sounds like you just ate a turkey by yourself and stood on your scale.
  • joeystilley
    Options
    I doubt you actually gained 10 lbs in 1 day 3500 calories is 1 lb you would have to consume around 35000 calories to gain 10 lb. you weight will fluctuate if you weigh every day. Especially weighing on an empty stomach vs full stomach. Not usually 10lb.. But it's usually better to weigh yourself 1 time a week on the same day at the same time of day for an accurate reading
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Crash diets don't work.
    Follow MFP recommendations, and all will be well.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I doubt you actually gained 10 lbs in 1 day 3500 calories is 1 lb you would have to consume around 35000 calories to gain 10 lb. you weight will fluctuate if you weigh every day. Not usually 10lb.. But it's usually better to weigh yourself 1 time a week on the same day at the same time of day for an accurate reading
    This.
  • roobe18
    roobe18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree with the whole getting a new scale thing! But also, why are you weighing daily? For me, it's always been too discouraging because of small fluctuations (I agree, 10 lbs is more than a small fluctuation). Once a week is the only way, imo :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    There's not nearly enough information and your diet is closed, so I can't give you an informed answer, butttt.....

One lb of FAT = 3500 calories, to gain 10lbs of fat in one day you would have to overeat by 35,000 calories. Being as how this is extremely unlikely, your gain is almost definitely water weight either from muscle swelling, too much sodium, or some other problem causing water retention. Being as how you lost so much so quickly, its also possible that you were dehydrated and some of that water could be normal rehydration. Or if you haven't had a bowel movement, some of it could be food in your digestive tract. Or any combination of the previous issues.