Couch to 5K

Options
Anyone tried the Couch to 5K program? It's a ton of fun! It's designed to help you go from being completely inactive to jogging 3 miles. You start by walking part of the time and jogging part of the time. You start slow and build endurance. My husband and I are on the third week of the program. It gets easier every time. I used to feel like death every time we did it. The first week was the hardest but now It's becoming easier. The further into the program, the faster the 30 minute exercise goes by. Here is the link, you have to scroll down to find the schedule:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Replies

• kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it. I just did week 2 day 1 today. The 3 minute jog today just about killed me and wednesday I have to jog for 4 minutes. I can't wait till I can run a little easier. I may have to repeat week 2.
  • sawebber
    sawebber Posts: 15
    Options
    The three minutes used to kill me but it's getting easier. My days are all mixed up so my week 4 starts on Saturday. I am not looking forward to 5 minutes! Do you rest in between days or do 5 days?
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Wk5day2done today! 90 degree heat, not good distance but I finished. I'm determined to finish it. I want to do a 5k on July 15. :drinker:
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I rest in between days. Maybe doing it everyday would help me build up to it more, then rest on the weekends? I might try that.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I'm on week 3 day 1. Today I am having my first rest day as I woke with a sore shoulder.

I haven't had any other rest days though and intend to start back tomorrow.

I don't think it's fun.

No, it's hard.
  • sawebber
    sawebber Posts: 15
    Options
    We were doing 5 days then resting on weekends, so far it's ok. We are thinking about doing it three days a week and doing strength training on the other two days, then resting on weekends. We run at 7pm, try to get out before it's too dark and when it's cooler (We live in Texas.) It's a GREAT stress reliever. I'm worried about fitting it into my schedule when fall classes start up.
  • tony1307
    tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It should be an every-other day thing.. LIke on Mon-Wed-Fri, then rest for the weekend. Do any wieght training on Tues, and Thurs. (Maybe Sat).
    The program is desgined to be an on/off thing, not an everyday thing.
    I was at Week 6, day 3, but a foot injury has sidelined me for a couple weeks.
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am doing it too! I am on week 3 day 3. I love it too! It makes running so much more enjoyable :)