Young people unite!

Options
Hey, I'm 19 and want to see how others over come the dreaded comfort food for exams, I lose weight then BAM! gain it in exam periods :( Also who's tried the skinny girl drinks? seeing as I try and tell myself dancing the night away will counteract those yummy but naughty drinks lol.

Replies

• naasirab
    naasirab Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi! Im 20, and this is my 1st time SERIOUSLY trying to lose my little bit of extra weight, about 20 or so pounds. I've never heard of the skinny girls drinks? But something I used to do to make myself feel better was mixing my drinks at home with those low calorie juices by Everfresh or Oceanspray (they were around 25-35 cals for 8oz cup) plus you 100+ cals for 1 oz of liquor. But lets be honest who just does one drink while your in college, so times that by how ever many you go for. Oh just try to limit your drinking as much as possible :/.

When it came to the comfort foods I was horrible, Fat Burger was my best friend this year and my reason for getting all chunky. But this year since I am trying to take healthy routes, I will keep good quick snacks around such as nuts, sunflower seeds, chopped fruit, mac-n-cheese with whole grain noodles and a serving of shredded low fat cheese, keep warm green or white tea around, I crave warm comfort foods under stress so hot tea and hot oatmeal always do the trick now. Tofu hotdogs are good heated on a non-stick skillet and rolled in low-fat bar b q sauce on a slice of whole wheat bread. And for your sweet tooth try tofutti fudge pops, or Dreyers Fruit bars (both under 100cals and yummy!) and Greek Yogurt with a packet of stevia sweetener and a cup of mixed fruit is great if you havent already found out about that one!
  • kikkikitten
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 19 and this is my first time too - I used to be thin, but got quite sick and put on 22lbs :P they say the best way to diet is with friends - so here I am :)
  • rohmaansarii
    rohmaansarii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OMG ALWAYS HAPPENS WITH ME! I'm glad I'm done with my exams :D I just don't diet anymore when exams are round the corner just try contorling my portions and maintaining my weight :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and just graduate college. I know how all you feel about exams. What work for me was taking time to exercise for at least one hour and to eat healthy.ni ate nuts and fish during finals. It filled me up and was great to get the blood flow moving through my brain. Feel free to add me on here. I can answer ur questions and help u all out.